Posted in Pharmaceutical 3 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boise, Idaho
PHARMACY SPECIALTY CARE TECHNICIAN
Specialty Care Technicians coordinate the care for patients that are starting and maintaining therapy on Specialty Pharmaceutical (SP) products. Agents perform benefits investigations with third party payers and coordinate authorization for payment with the prescribing physician. Agents direct the purchasing and filling of SP products with Albertsons Safeway pharmacies and coordinate the administration of the product, connecting the patient and the pharmacy staff.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Benefits investigation – determining coverage, facilitating prior authorization and communicating coverage to the patient.
· Care Coordination – facilitating the buy, bill and administration of SP products within the company pharmacies and company mail order facility.
· Therapy Support (Specialty)- Tracking patients on SP products conducting refill reminders, questionnaires and coordinating just in time ordering and pick-up in the company pharmacies and the company mail order facility.
· Therapy Support (Pharmacy Care) – Contacting patients and organizations to assure patients are completely protected with up-to-date immunization and marketing immunization services to organizations.
· Central Processing – Documentation and billing of Medication Therapy Management services conducted in the pharmacies.
· Travel Health – coordinating care for patients traveling oversees contracted with the company pharmacies to provide their immunizations before departure.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Certified Pharmacy Technician.
· Two years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician
· Preferred experience with Albertsons or Safeway Pharmacies
· Experience in acquiring prior authorization from third party payers.
· Problem solving abilities and attention to details.
· Administration skills, such as planning and organizing, resource management and the ability to set priorities and coordinate work activities.
· Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing a service environment. This involves the ability to identify requirements of internal and external customers, focus on achieving optimal results, and develop solutions that positively affect customer satisfaction.
· Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Preferred experience with PDX and/ or ARx pharmacy dispensing systems
Some travel may be required.