Business Coach, BRTRN at Edward Jones
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we've located our 12,000+ branch offices in the neighborhoods where our nearly 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with them. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience.
Department: Financial Advisor Coaching and Support
Description: Are you motivated by developing others and their business building skills? Do you have a keen ability to ask thought provoking questions to identify skill gaps and opportunities? Would you describe a gratifying career as forming relationships with a variety of individuals, engaging and inspiring them to succeed? If so, the Business Coach opportunity could be the right move for you!
As a Business Coach within the Financial Advisor (FA) Support department, you will have the opportunity to provide one-on-one, customized coaching (over-the-phone and in person) for our Financial Advisors at various stages of their career. You will partner with individual FAs to develop strength-based strategies aligned with their purpose to exceed business objectives and support them as they build a sustainable business. The vision of the Business Coach opportunity within our department is to support each FA's intrinsic motivations and mindset to positively impact their development as Financial Advisors for our clients.
Building relationships while conducting regularly scheduled one-on-one coaching conversations via phone, email, and face-to-face with Financial Advisors
Discussing with Financial Advisors business building strategies, asking thought provoking questions, customizing coaching plans
Completing documentation and follow-up post coaching calls participating in role plays and helping Financial Advisors arrive at business solutions
Building self and department coaching skills by engaging in development activities
Collaborating and aligning with others in the Home Office and Field serving as a subject matter expert on committees and projects as needed
- Bachelors degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Series 7 & 66 obtained within first 10 weeks of hire. A study calendar (and study materials) will be provided and there is a 1-time testing policy
- Coaching certification obtained within 6 months after becoming fully licensed
- 3-5+ years professional coaching experience (either as a professional coach or in a role with a significant coaching component)
- 3+ years in Financial Services industry preferred
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Proven ability to drive for results
- Knowledge of coaching processes and adult learning theory
- Effective communication skills in written and verbal format including active listening and the ability to deliver developmental feedback
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, performance management tools, and intranet