Project Manager-IT Senior
Posted in Project Management 5 months ago.
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Project Manager - Senior Level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Participates in the planning, execution and delivery of complex business projects. Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost. Leads, defines and manages projects and project plans to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature, guiding them in the development and delivery of their work product.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products. Provides insight to management on issues.
- Manages budgets on the medium to high range of project budgets.
- Ensures achievement of business goals and objectives by proactively communicating with project stakeholders.
- Facilitates development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources. Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Understands each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit.
- Collaborates on creative alternatives to project challenges; partners to drive adoption and challenge standards.
- Leads subject matter experts to resolve project challenges.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and/or advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
Last day to apply to the opening is 12/07/16 by 11:59pm CST time.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- IVR Knowledge
- PM/Scrum Master experience
- Strong leadership skills along with technical background to navigate through technical projects
- Able to communicate to team, across to peers and up to leadership and know how to frame the discussion
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to remove impediments
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.