at Veolia Environmental Services North America LLC
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Turning waste into a resource
Veolia’s mission is to resource the world, helping our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. This means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We blend skills in operations, engineering and technology with innovative business models, offering a complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. At Veolia, we’re more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions - we’re dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection and a better quality of life. This position supports Veolia North America's industrial business, which includes industrial cleaning, water, and regeneration services.
The Marketing Director develops and implements marketing strategies and a full range of activities to support Veolia North America’s Industrial Services group in alignment with Veolia North America’s vision, strategy, and growth initiatives. This position serves as the key marketing advisor to senior and sales leadership, conducting appropriate marketing and competitive research and analysis; supporting strategic accounts and sales activities; deploying marketing campaigns; building and strengthening the Veolia brand; and measuring the effectiveness of activities to drive continuous improvement. The position also serves as the Industrial Services expert on the company’s Marketing & Communications team, supporting cross-business unit activities such as vertical market analysis, market planning and development, and internal reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops marketing strategies and associated tactics to position company to expand presence in North American Industrial Services market(s).
- Gathers, reviews and/or analyzes market and customer data to create marketing plans and/or reports for sales and senior leadership that identify trends affecting Veolia’s business.
- Oversees the development of targeted print and digital sales collateral and marketing material, including client presentations, ads, brochures, trade shows, video, content marketing, and more.
- Serves as a liaison with key industry organizations, overseeing business unit participation in conference and brand-building activities such as trade shows and client education/entertainment events, including planning, pre-event promotion and post-conference follow-up.
- Oversees Industrial Services customer survey process, analyzing and sharing results with senior leadership and using feedback to recommend new or improved marketing and sales strategies.
- Consults with sales team on key pursuits and proposals, helping to develop strategy and messaging, participating in red team reviews, recommending opportunities for cross-selling or up-selling, and/or conducting post-mortem analyses.
- Keeps up to speed on key competitors in markets served.
- Tracks and measures the effectiveness of activities using analytics available in Salesforce and/or other appropriate and available tools, ensuring all leads generated through marketing activities are captured in SalesForce.
- Serves as part of cross-functional digital team that works on content creation for the company’s website and/or via other digital and social media channels.
- Manages and/or administers any specialized databases or websites used by the Industrial Services team.
- Supervises, mentors, and coaches team members.
- Supervises and approves the work of third-party vendors, as necessary. • Helps build a culture that encourages innovation and continuous improvement of systems, processes and tools used to perform duties, bringing forth ideas and plans to improve results, increase efficiency and/or reduce costs.
- Ensures all materials are produced in compliance with company brand standards.
- Supports other Marketing & Communications team members, projects, and initiatives
- Effectively manages department budget and resources.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field required.
- Advance degree in relevant field a plus.
- 8+ years of marketing experience in B2B or B2C environment with emphasis in marketing and sales support
- 2 years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Experience in related industry or market preferred.
- Salesforce marketing certification a plus. Knowledge/Skills/Ability/Characteristics
- Collaborative and creative team player with drive for innovation and continuous improvement of systems, processes, and tools.
- Self-starter with strong organization, project management, time management, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Salesforce or other client relationship management system. • Proven mentoring, coaching, and leadership abilities.
- Builds excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels. Successfully works on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Synthesizes and integrates large amounts of data into concise, compelling deliverables.
- Pays close attention to detail and takes pride in work products.
- Uses discretion in handling confidential or sensitive business information or issues.
- Willing to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT Desk/office environment. Travel to office or field locations and/or industry events is required.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.