Project Manager at Nielsen
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Nielsen’s Media Analytics practice seeks to leverage Nielsen’s world class media research assets to provide best in class custom analytics to media companies, digital & technology companies, agencies, and advertisers.
This position is open to different levels of analysts. The primary role is to help execute custom market research studies through all stages of the project, from questionnaire and sample preparation, through data collection, and data processing and reporting.
As a Project Manager within the Media Analytics Primary Research organization, you will work on quantitative custom survey research projects while engaging with internal, and, to some extent, external clients. You will largely support Nielsen Scarborough’s Mid-Tier service, a local market solution for our media and agency clients.
- Work as part of a team to execute research solutions
- Establish sampling and mailing procedures for local market surveys
- Develop and finalize local market surveys
- Monitor data collection to ensure study is progressing as planned/meeting timeline, and that quota groups/targets are being met
- Oversee data processing activities, including but not limited to sample balancing specs and reporting specs
- Quality assurance checks for electronic database and sample performance documents
- Give client and sales support on Scarborough methodology
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communication, organizational, project management and custom service skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- Must be able to effectively manage time and a variety of responsibilities
- Strong project management, problem-solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; eager to learn
- Teamwork - ability to establish/maintain effective work relationships, interact in diplomatic and professional manner
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- 2 or more years of relevant quantitative market research experience
- Experience with syndicated research considered a plus
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.