TV Maintenance Engineer at Thomson Reuters
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Reuters is looking for a Maintenance Enginer to join its TV support team in New York. In this role, you will support broadcast IT and video production and delivery systems. You will be accountable for the operational management, service delivery and day-to-day support of dedicated television production capabilities located in New York. You'll also be part of a global team supporting and operating facilities in editorial newsrooms throughout the world. The job involves close engagement with the editorial production groups and managers on a day-to-day basis. This position requires a strong customer centric focus on service and support and is responsible for implementing both globally driven and locally requested project deliverables.
This role includes studio-based, broadcast television and broader areas of multimedia support. Hours are Monday–Friday 3:00pm – 11:00pm
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Ingest, troubleshooting and maintenance. Video editing storage maintenance, fine-tuning, defragging, monitoring.
- Editing systems support and user training
- Expected to be familiar with some of the following Video and TV systems including: Windows Server, Linux, Stornext, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Airspeed, Avid Nexis, Ross Carbonite Production XSwitcher, Ingest, Playout, VizRT, Production Audio, RTS Cronus Intercom, Microphones, IFB, DMX Lighting controller, Evertz EQX Routers, IP encoders.
- 3+ years of IT TV broadcast experience
- Prior experience with IT networking.
- Creative and solution oriented focus
- Knowledge of Server-based production, video editing and delivery systems.
- In-depth knowledge of video/audio file standards and characteristics.
- HD-SDI video routing infrastructure.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Managing shared storage with edit clients.
- Excellent end user support skills.
- Undergraduate degree, relevant professional training, or equivalent experience.
Experience with any of the following: Windows Server, Linux, Stornext, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Airspeed, Avid Nexis, Ross Carbonite Production XSwitcher, Ingest, Playout, VizRT, Production Audio, RTS Cronus Intercom, Microphones, IFB, DMX Lighting controller, Evertz EQX Routers, IP Encoders.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
This role is represented by the New York News Guild.