Ambulatory Pharmacist - UVA Community Oncology (Augusta) at University of Virginia Health System
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waynesboro, Virginia
Are you an independent thinker who works well with others? If you want more, UVA wants you.
There are many reasons you already know UVA Health System. Our people utilize emerging technology and lead experimental treatment protocols. In fact, our healthcare makes headlines routinely.
But it's the attributes of every UVA Team Member that makes our nationally-recognized care anything but routine. Qualities such as persistence, ingenuity and initiative. These attributes create an environment of respect and responsiveness, in which your contribution counts.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pharmacist ensures the safe, effective and financially responsible use of medications by providing optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services in the Medical Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters prescribing clinician orders into the appropriate computer application.
- Processes prescribing clinician’s orders (prescriptions).
- Oversees pharmacy technicians’ work.
- Provides drug information to patients, caregivers, and providers.
- Performs pharmacy functions according to Federal, State, local, Health System and Department statutes, regulations and published guideline documents.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: No experience required
- License/Certification: Commonwealth of Virginia State Board of Pharmacy License. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.