Manager, Mobility Communications at Ford Motor Company
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
Ford Mobility: Around the world, our customers’ transportation needs are evolving and Ford is evolving with them. Ford is expanding its business model to become both an auto and a mobility company and we have created a dedicated group to communicate this change. This new group supports a range of initiatives across the company including connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, consumer experience, and data and analytics. To support Ford’s expanded role as a mobility leader, the company is hiring strategic, entrepreneurial communications professionals who can help publicize the company’s mobility initiatives with key influencers and partners, through both enterprise-wide and initiative-specific communications campaigns. The candidate must be able to operate in a lean team and an ever-changing environment, while also demonstrating the aptitude and ability to navigate and draw from the broader, global Ford Motor Company entity.
- Provide leadership and strategic insight in development of Ford’s communications activities to demonstrate the company’s leadership in emerging technology in the automotive and mobility spaces
- Support business leaders in telling their stories to maximize the company’s opportunity to connect with the customer at a deep level and further build our corporate reputation and brand
- Act as an outstanding colleague, working with a blended team of integrated in-house and agency partners and in alignment with the Mobility Communications and Global Product Communications teams and processes
- Boost purchase consideration, reputation and favorability of Ford products, services and applications in North America and globally by emphasizing mobility product/services strengths and innovations to all audiences, including media, influencers and consumers
- Consistently deliver Ford’s mobility and technology messages through aggressive enterprise storytelling in all key earned media channels – print, broadcast, digital and social – both nationally and regionally.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of media strategies for key journalists, bloggers and other influencers
- Grow and nurture the company’s media relationships, in particular consumer, lifestyle and tech, while maintaining relationships with trade and automotive media
- Translate highly technical ideas and product attributes into conversational language aimed at consumer audiences
- Co-develop and deliver sound mobility communications plans to reach key internal stakeholders – including employees, retirees, suppliers and dealers
- Serve as media spokesperson for story placements and pitching
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Computer Science or Social Sciences
- 6+ years of experience in technology or consumer electronics media/communications
- 5+ years of hands on experience with social and digital media platforms and tools
- 5+ years of experience in developing media materials and presenting to influential audiences
- 10+ years of experience in communications
- Demonstrated track record delivering comprehensive, integrated strategies designed to tell an enterprise and product story to consumer audiences
- Comfortable operating in a face-paced and less-defined environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to develop media materials, presentations and pitches as well as serve as an external representative for the company
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with both internal and external contacts, including the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Outstanding media savvy, including participation in and knowledge of social and digital media platforms and tools
- Can-do attitude and a sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment
- Continuous demonstration of superior problem-solving, decision-making and project management skills
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.