Sous Chef (Hillel/Quincy)
at Harvard University
Posted in Business Development 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Hospitality & Dining Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures high standards are consistently met via the implementation of all HUDS and University quality assurance policies and procedures related to food, sanitation, equipment and facility maintenance and management, safety, etc.
- Ensures the preparation and presentation of high quality food in accordance with the established menu while meeting target meal costs.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of the FoodPro menu and inventory management system including, but not limited to: ensuring cost control and mitigation of loss prevention, completion of weekly inventory audits; maintenance of appropriate inventory levels based on menu needs, etc.
- In consultation with Senior CPM, plans menus for Unit and catered events.
- In collaboration with Senior CPM and HUDS' culinary team, assist with the development of the Residential cycle menus and recipes.
- Participate in weekly HUDS production meetings, tastings, etc.
- Plan and execute simple to complex catered indoor and outdoor events including, but not limited to house events, campus-wide events and commencement week events.
- Manages linens, china, glassware and food and beverage provision for functions and events.
- Supervise and lead event staff (i.e.: wait staff, culinary, etc.) at functions and events.
- Ensure equipment and related physical space (i.e.: dishwasher, ovens, refrigeration, exhaust and ventilation systems) is operational and in good repair. Submits requests for repair if necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with students. Provide outstanding customer service and ensure specialty diets and other nutritional needs are met.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with House Masters and other House personnel, students and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with developing and managing the annual operational budget which includes, but is not limited to management of MORS, estimation and management of food and labor cost goals, etc.
- HS Diploma or equivalent and specialized training in Culinary Arts.
- Minimum of two years progressive culinary management and experience in developing a quality food program in a collegiate residential and/or restaurant environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Operational knowledge of industrial kitchen equipment (dishwasher, oven, ventilation systems, etc.).
- Operational experience with food service applications and computerized menu management systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays and be on-call as needed.
- Valid US Driver's License
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.