Coordinator of Special Projects
at Harvard University
Posted in Business Development 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Coordinator of Special Projects (Part-time)
Harvard Kennedy School
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
The Coordinator of Special Projects supports the staff in the Dean's Office with special projects at the Harvard Kennedy School and performs complex administrative duties. This position works as part of a team and assists the Administrative Specialist and the Senior Policy Advisor and Chief of Staff in managing multiple tasks related to initiatives and priorities of the Dean. In addition, this position manages an assigned portfolio of special projects and helps to coordinate events.
Please note that this is a 21 hour position and a term appointment through June 30, 2017.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of special projects, events, committees, conferences and Dean's Office communications (correspondence and email).
- Assists Senior Policy Advisor and Chief of Staff in managing multiple tasks related to initiatives and priorities of the Dean, Acts as liaison to other School or University departments, including the Forum Office and ARRD.
- Working collaboratively with event planners, helps manage and coordinate major undertakings and complex events of the Dean's Office, such as preparation for Visiting Committee.
- Attends and provides staff support at meetings related to other projects and strategic initiatives; responsible for meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Drafts sensitive and confidential correspondence.
- Works collaboratively with Dean's Office team members to ensure proper administrative procedures are followed.
- Performs background research and prepares materials for a variety of the Dean's public speaking roles, including drafting briefings and talking points, opening remarks, and introductions of guest speakers at the School.
- Working with other Dean's team members, assists in the preparation and processing of correspondence, email, and other written material related to the Dean's office. Assists in staffing the Dean's Office as needed.
- Coordinates Student Office Hours and Breakfasts with the Dean, including event publicity and managing the registration process.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in increasingly responsible administrative positions in academia, business, government, communications or related area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.