Trails Program Manager
at Eagle County Government
Posted in Project Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Gypsum, Colorado
TRAILS PROGRAM MANAGER Gypsum, Colorado Fulltime Year-Round Benefits Eligible Oversees the design/ construction/maintenance /renovation of multimodal recreational/ transportation trail system projects including supervising/ facilitating/collaborating with staff and partnering agencies. Eight years progressive experience in leadership/engineering/construction/public works/project management/facilities management/land use planning/bicycle/ pedestrian facilities planning that includes large capital projects or equivalent education/experience. Offering an amazing benefits package copay medical plan, dental, vision, retirement, tuition programs, wellness programs & more! More info/to apply: www.eaglecounty.us Creating a better Eagle County for All
Example of Duties
Design and Construction:
Contracts and Administration:
- Responsible for pre-construction and construction tasks related to trail development.
- Initiates, manages or facilitates all aspects of project development and construction of trail projects including permits, design, budgets, schedules, contracts, records research, documentation and other procedures and actions associated with a capital construction project.
- Manages and reviews the activities and products of consultants, contractors and staff through correspondence, meetings, bids, RFP's, RFQ's, contracts, reports and site inspections to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
- Typical contracts include engineering, surveying, environmental, cultural, geotechnical, appraisals and civil construction.
- Typical document reviews include plan sets, specifications, material submittals, proposals, bids, reports and pay applications.
- Manages and ensures permit compliance.
- Handles conflict resolution and claims related to consultant, contractor, agencies or owners.
- Meets with landowners, agencies, utilities and special interests to review design, construction and funding.
- Works with County Legal Staff to prepare documents and procure related easement, title and land use documents.
Committees and Boards:
- Works with staff to prepare annual budget.
- Responsible for finances related to operating, staffing, maintenance, services, equipment, supplies, grants, design and construction.
Administration and Outreach:
- Liaison to ECO Trails Committee which is a committee of the ECO Advisory Board whose mission is to complete the Eagle Valley Trail.
- Provides design, construction and budget updates to the committee.
- Forms sub-committees, develops policy and regulatory planning documents as needed.
- Works with staff to prepare materials for committee meetings which includes forming policy recommendations, agendas, minutes, facilitation, records, membership outreach and training.
- Attends meetings, hearings, work sessions and retreats of Trails Committee, ECO Advisory Board, County Commissioners, local planning commissions, town councils, special districts and special interest groups as needed.
- Delegates committee and board-related tasks to staff as needed.
- Works with staff to administer a range of activities related to the operation of the Eagle Valley Trail Program which includes producing, obtaining or maintaining project files, data, maps, meeting materials, special event materials, publicity materials, surveys, development review documents and spur trail proposals.
- Provides customer service, develops and hosts special events, prepares newsletters, prepares electronic and print media materials and organizes volunteers.
- Works with staff to apply for and manage grants for trail construction and planning which includes writing, researching, budgeting, creating partnerships and developing funding sources.
- Responsible for contracting and reimbursement of grants.
- Works with staff to ensure the safe, cost effective and consistent maintenance and management of the network of trails. This includes routine maintenance, special projects, long range planning, fielding complaints, safety and risk management training, volunteer maintenance programs, mapping, managing equipment, budgeting, development of quotes, proposals, plans, bids and contract management related to trail maintenance.
Performs other related work as required.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.