Spa Guest Service Manager at The Marcus Corporation
Posted in Salon/Spa/Fitness 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Scope and General Purpose of Position:
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Spa Reception department, ensuring peak guest satisfaction, employee moral and training. Maximize service sales and retail sales by Spa Reception and Central Reservations.
1. Spa Reception Agents
2. Spa Attendants
3. Fitness Attendants
1. Provide administrative support to spa departments as needed.
2. Ensure smooth operation of the spa reception
3. Supervision of reception (hiring, procedures, accounting...)
4. Provide spa tours and hosting, when needed.
5. To attend promotional functions as appropriate
6. Handle special assignments.
7. Co‑ordinate reservation sales activities and training when needed.
8. Maintain accurate records as required.
9. Work with the Spa Director in the formulation of plans for projects and other areas.
10. Assist in the administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the Spa's operations ie. Business telephone usage, Guest relations, Spa services, Retail sales
11. Assist in the supervision of all spa departments:
‑ Front Desk/Reception/Reservations
‑ Facility Operations
12. Maintain inventory and stocking of all Reception materials.
13. To act as a liaison between Spa and internal and external contacts.
1. Effective scheduling of receptions.
2. Monitor and effectively control reception payroll.
3. Development and adherence of Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
4. To maintain inventory of supplies for the administration of the spa facility.
5. To maintain accurate records as required by state and company regulations.
6. To conduct selection interviews for new hires as and when required.
7. To conduct weekly/monthly reception departmental communication meeting and to represent Facility operations in weekly Spa departmental meetings.
Health and Safety:
1. Follow and ensure that all employees all safety procedures and practices.
2. Development and adherence of Reception department Emergency Procedures/Safety Manual.
3. Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Marcus Hotels and Resorts.
1. Maintain the receptions in peak condition at all times while adhering to all aspects of the operations budget, including payroll.
2. To prepare and present monthly budget reports and to assist in the preparation of annual operational budget.
3. Control expenses and payroll.
4. To seek the spa's ability to maximize revenues by analyzing the day to day bookings future booking and co‑ordinating schedules with co‑Spa managers/ supervisors.
1. To ensure Reception department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the Spa and Hotel.
2. Responsible for all aspects of reception employees i.e. hiring, recognition, progressive corrective action, training ...
3. Responsible for the efficient training of all reception employees in all aspects of job tasks, and to assist in the training and development of new hires and current employees.
4. To ensure employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to safety.
5. Responsible for all Spa departments training in pertinent emergency procedures and ensuring all departments are well versed in facility operations (cross training).
6. To ensure all employees adhere to all hotel standards as stated in the employee handbook.
7. To conduct reception department performance appraisals on a timely manor.
8. To ensure efficient communication between all departments as relating to the operation of the reception department.
1. To ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
2. To ensure guest/member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the Spa's first priority.
1. Ensure cross‑training of all employees in Reception department and to facilitate training in other spa departments.
2. To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
‑ Degree in related field
‑ Computer literacy in Word, Excel
‑ Safety Oriented First Aid
‑ Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.