Lifeguard at Waterton
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Lifeguard role is responsible for monitoring activities in swimming pool(s) to prevent accidents and provides assistance to swimmers.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Enforce established rules and regulations and ensure the safe use of the pool area at all times.
- Maintain constant surveillance of guests in pool area(s). Act immediately and appropriately to secure guest’s safety in the event of an emergency.
- Provide first aid and rescue as needed.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in good repair and in correct location(s).
- Maintain a clean and safe pool and work area in compliance with hotel and company standards.
- Inspect facilities for maintenance needs. Report any unsafe or hazardous situations to engineering department.
- Follow safety and sanitation standards.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of hotel emergency procedures.
- Professional demeanor.
- Superior customer service skills when handling difficult situations.
- Ability to lift, grapple with or subdue persons in the course of life saving procedures.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and stocking tasks.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 75+ pounds as necessary.
- Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR/AED Certification required. American Red Cross Certification preferred.
- One + years of lifeguarding experience preferred.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
See Job Description