Posted in Pharmaceutical 3 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join our team and be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments.
The Dispensing Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing pharmacy services, including, but not limited to distributing pharmaceuticals, performing inventory control, compliance audits, and financial transactions, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Dispensing Pharmacy Technician works as part of an interdisciplinary patient care team, and under direction of the Clinical Pharmacist(s)and/or Pharmacy Technical Supervisor. The Dispensing Pharmacy Technician may assist in the on-line training of staff under the direction and guidance of a Pharmacy Technical Supervisor and/or Pharmacy Technician Trainer.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program.
Previous pharmacy technician experience.
Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Attention to detail
· Customer service skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Time and task management, prioritizing, and organizational skill
· Ability to prioritize and problem solve
· Ability to mathematically compute and convert drug concentrations and doses.
· Ability to type
· Previous experience with computers, preferably using Microsoft Office and other Windows based system. Ability to use computer for order entry, inventory control, billing, and record keeping.