Client Solutions Associate/Representative at Nielsen
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The television landscape is changing rapidly and this associate will engage with one of Nielsen’s most strategic vertical accounts to help these clients understand, plan and sell in an increasing complex traditional TV and digital world. In this role, the associate will be primarily responsible for day-to-day client service on all facets of the clients business including but not limited to traditional TV, digital, cross platform, programmatic and targeting sales, providing support for accounts and client relationships, and developing the ability to sell products and solutions that address key client issues/needs related to the clients’ ad sales, programming and marketing divisions. The scope of the client service function ranges from in-bound calls and addressing ratings and advertising data inquiries, understanding consumer viewership behaviors across screens, and maintaining knowledge of Nielsen’s product mechanics and roadmap. The Client Solutions Associate will gain experience in a client-facing position as well as develop internal partnerships and deepen his or her understanding of Nielsen’s full suite of products and capabilities. The ideal candidate will possess robust written and oral communication skills, an ability to adapt to the needs of our dynamic environment, a strong response orientation, an intellectual curiosity and passion for data, the ability to build and hone key relationships both internally and externally, and an enthusiasm for television/digital media.
- Communicate and prioritize client requirements.
- Resolve all client issues in a proactive and timely manner.
- Conduct client meetings to build and maintain relationships.
- Draft client presentations that tell a story by translating data into key insights.
- Identify opportunities and develop proposals that address the client’s core business issues.
- Answer client questions relative to product updates and product information effectively and in a timely manner.
- Develop solid understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve business performance.
- Be a liaison between all the internal partners at Nielsen and external clients.
- Be able to be onsite at the clients at least once a week.
- Attend client- and industry-specific meetings.
- Submit weekly and other related account reports.
- Sales administration - maintenance of opportunity pipeline and contract management.
- Support team members in managing other areas of the accounts within your vertical.
- Engage in other responsibilities as needed.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Suite/SalesForce
- Analytic skills
- BA or BS Degree
- Knowledge of TV/Digital Industries
- Knowledge of Nielsen’s productions and solutions
- High attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills, highly motived, strong orientation toward client relationships
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.