Internal Audit Director
at University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Posted in Executive 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
University of Iowa Community Credit UnionPosition Summary:
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
This position plans, conducts, and reports the results of audits of the Credit Union's activities to safeguard the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control systems and compliance with existing policies and procedures. The Internal Audit Director is also responisble for the supervision of Internal Audit and BSA/Fraud staff.
Work schedule: Monday through Friday; no Saturdays.
Position details for this Exempt role: Pay range of $90,368 to $135,553 annually, plus an incentive opportunity; and a progressive benefits package. Job ID
Internal AuditEqual Opportunity Employment Statement:
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Develops plans for audit projects which, at a minimum, will show the objective of the audit, what is to be done, how the work will be completed, a related time budget, and expected format for communicating the results of the audit.
- Conducts periodic audits of systems and records to verify adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, adequacy and effectiveness of existing systems, policies and procedures, and the efficiency with which activities are performed.
- Adds value to the audit process by incorporating analysis of efficiency, sales and service into audits of each department or unit audited.
- Meets with the President/CEO and/or Audit Committee to discuss findings and recommendations; prepares written recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Monitors and appraises the adequacy and effectiveness of corrective action taken on audit findings and presents written reports to the President/CEO, and/or Audit Committee.
- Ascertains that proposed audits avoid duplication of the work already performed regularly by regulatory authorities and external auditors.
- Maintains and reviews audit work papers to evidence the audit work performed and the material facts supporting the conclusions reported.
- Investigates and reports evidence of theft or fraud directly to the President/CEO, or Audit Committee.
- Formulates procedures and plans for practical internal verifications, controls and audit trails to be incorporated into the Audit Manual of the Credit Union.
- Monitors the performance of the Credit Union's internal control structure.
- Monitors state and federal regulations as needed and acts as a resource for staff on questions of compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Acts as a liaison to and aids external auditors and state and federal examiners by preparing work papers, gathering requested documents, and providing information on credit union activities as requested.
- Prepares year-end financial report, working in cooperation with and with the aid of external auditors.
- Works with the Service Coordinator to ensure Credit Union staff receives appropriate regulatory compliance training in a timely manner and on an ongoing basis.
- Performs any other temporary or permanent duties as assigned by the President/CEO or Audit Committee.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations, prepares documentation for retention in personnel files. Working with HR, recommends and implements disciplinary actions and appropriate staff counseling within the department as needed.
- Maintains a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Oversees the daily scheduling of departmental staff; responsible for final approval of all vacation, sick leave, flex scheduling and departmental training.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or closely related field required. CPA or CIA designation preferred.
- Prior work experience in financial institution preferred.
- Experience in auditing financial institutions or equivalent preferred.
- PC proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software required.
- Broad knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Skilled in human relations with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be a motivated, self-starting individual with a focus on detail oriented projects.
- Must be bondable.
Reports directly to President/CEO and Audit Committee as needed.Supervisory Responsibilities:
Responsible for the supervision of Internal Audit and BSA/Fraud staff.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.