Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper about 1 month ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Now seeking: Dreamers. In marketing communications, we dream it and create it. All of the company’s promotional and communication needs are completed in-house by these “creatives” in an advertising agency-based set-up. This includes everything from advertising, promotions and print production to media relations, exhibition coordination and website maintenance. Everyone from artists, writers, designers, media buyers, event coordinators, video producers/editors and public relations specialists work together to bring campaigns and product-centric promotions to life. If you’re a dreamer, gather up your portfolio and show us your vision.
We’re looking for a full-time Media Analyst for our headquarters in greater Kansas City. In this role you will be responsible for executing quantitative and qualitative research to produce media evaluation reports and recommendations. Other essential functions include:
• Gather, analyze, and report on the value and effectiveness of media campaigns
• Analyze campaign performance both qualitatively and quantitatively using a variety of metrics and tools
• Create timely reports and presentations that are distributed to Marketing Communications staff, segment leadership, and executive team that are thorough yet easily digestible
• Work closely with Corporate Communications team to help set campaign goals, track progress, and gather results, as well as make recommendations for future campaigns
• Objectively assess the effectiveness of specific media placements and creative content
• Align with Marketing to ensure advertising strategies are in keeping with product marketing goals and expectations
• Align with Sales and Segment leaders to ensure advertising strategies are in keeping with business segment performance objectives
• Work to establish a global approach to campaign analysis by working with EMEA, APAC and LatAm marcom colleagues
• Manage a high volume of projects with short deadlines
• Assess the effectiveness of campaigns and report findings in an effort to constantly improve
• Develop a holistic understanding of the products, services and advertising needs of Garmin
• Remain aware of competitors’ advertising activities and report the impact on Garmin’s marketing and sales
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university AND a minimum of 2 years media analyst experience similar to the essential functions of this job description. Other requirements include:
• Demonstrates a proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to take complex media campaign results and distill them into easily understandable reports.
• Demonstrated ability to provide and accept constructive criticism
• Demonstrates big-picture strategic skills as well as attention to analytical details
• Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well being and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from well being initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.