Senior Software Engineer at 1010 Epiq Technology, LLC
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
- Translate business requirements into intuitive software solutions
- Participate within an Agile (Scrum) development team
- Collaborate with fellow IT and software developers while building knowledge base
- Participate in technical design discussion and hands-on solution implementation
- Keep a critical eye on new design specifications and raise quality, performance or architectural concerns
- Mentor other developers with a constructive, results oriented approach
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- High energy, proactive and approachable personality who enjoy solving diverse problems
- Proven problem solving abilities and creative thinking
- At least 5 years of Software development experience with C#
- Experience with the following technologies: C#, WPF, WCF, ASP .NET Web Forms, MVC
- Ability to positively interact with all members of development team
- Thorough understanding of object oriented development theory
- Self-starter capable of working on small teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with an RDMS as a Software Developer; such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Knowledge of concurrent programming challenges: multi-threading, race conditions, deadlock, semaphores, etc.
- Familiarity with developing or working in a Windows environment (Visual Studio, TFS)
Client Focus- Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
Results Oriented- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1000 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York, Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq Systems will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.