Senior Software Engineer, Anti-Cheat
at Blizzard Entertainment
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irvine, California
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation. We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- A passion to make life difficult for the “bad guys”
- Mastery of C++, disassembly, and reverse-engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a video game industry
- A strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Extensive Windows API and run-time model knowledge (memory, stack, and exception management)
- Experience with cryptography
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Knowledge of the methods used to create malware and game hacks
- Experience with commercial protection and anti-tamper software
- Experience with low-level disassembly tools (IDA Pro, OllyDebug, etc.)
- Experience with multithreading and networking
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.