Wastewater Capital Project Manager I
at King County
Posted in Project Management 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Seattle, Washington
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all qualified applicants. Applicants from this recruitment may be considered for other vacancies as they occur. Clean Water & Beyond Be part of the "Utility of the Future" JOB SUMMARY:
This position is the entry level in the Wastewater Treatment Division's Project Management career series and will be assigned to assist multiple senior level project managers on major capital improvement projects in planning project execution, coordinating project team member activities, managing project scope, schedule, and budget, project monitoring and reporting. Under direction of a senior level project manager this position will also lead multiple sub-project tasks and activities as part of an integrated multi-functional team.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field at wastewater treatment facilities of various types throughout King County. WORK SCHEDULE:
This position is overtime eligible, with a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday. Regular hours will be 8:00 - 5:00To learn more about the Wastewater Treatment Division click on the below links:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/About/Vision.aspxThe successful candidate will:
The successful candidate will embody the following competencies:Technical Learning
- Assist project teams in effectively applying Project Management industry standard processes and practices in the areas of project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing.
- Assist teams in development of project scope of work, budget, and schedule.
- Assist teams in development of the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Assist teams in development of the project Risk Management Plan and Risk Register
- Assist in monitoring and controlling project work and updating project plans
- Document changes to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assist teams in executing the approved project plan.
- Participate in the Project Management work group continuous improvement efforts.
- Picks up on technical things quickly, can learn new skills and knowledge, is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledgeListening
- Practices attentive and active listening, has the patience to hear people out, can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagreesAction Oriented
Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things seen as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seized more opportunities than othersThe ideal candidate should have:
The most competitive candidates will possess:
- A minimum of one year work experience (post high school education can substitute for years of experience).
- Post high school education at a technical/vocational school, community college, or university.
- A working knowledge of microcomputer and common business applications is essential. Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and graphically.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Working knowledge of PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), project life cycle and process groups.
- Formal Project Management education, training or experience.
- Familiarity with the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling technique.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse team members, managers, project stakeholders, and the public.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and collaboration skills.
For a full job description see: http://hrd.kingcounty.gov/ccs/ccsDetails.aspx
Wastewater Capital Project Manager ILICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
A Valid Washington State Driver's LicenseAPPLICATIONS PROCESS:
- King County application, http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs
- Cover letter detailing qualifications for position
Applicants meeting qualifications will be screened based upon the clarity, completeness, content, grammar and punctuation of their application materials. Selection process may also include written and/or computer exams, panel interview, references and final interviews.UNION MEMBERSHIP:
This position is represented by the Technical Employee's Association (TEA).For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Senior Human Resource Analyst206-477-6899
Diana.email@example.comKing County and the Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.