Electrical Reliability Engineer
at Invista S.a.r.l
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Camden, South Carolina
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. For more information on INVISTA, visit our website or watch this video to see how our business makes a difference.
The Camden, South Carolina INVISTA site is seeking an electrical reliability engineer to provide support to site electrical distribution systems, electrical reliability improvement initiatives and site electrical safety.
The successful candidate will support the installation, maintenance, repair and testing of medium and high voltage electrical distribution equipment such as transformers, cables, circuit breakers, relay protection systems, and associated switchgear in the plant. They will work with operations and maintenance groups to increase reliability while improving plant performance. The position primarily works day shift with some flexible hours being worked as needed to support business needs.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Improve manufacturing operations by improving and maintaining the site high and medium voltage distribution systems.
- Develop and implement optimum reliability strategies for electrical distribution equipment.
- Integrate best maintenance technologies and practices into the maintenance strategies.
- Provide oversight of the operating/switching activities required to perform routine maintenance, repairs and system upgrades.
- Ensure electrical safe work practices are defined and followed, creating an environment where employees identify safety hazards and mitigate risks appropriately and proactively
- Support the knowledge and skill development of the electrical distribution maintenance crafts and site control equipment crafts.
- Initiate and implement projects to improve the distribution system, including evaluating and providing technical solutions
- Provide technical support with electrical equipment including generators, motors, drives, control panels, and programmable logic controllers.
- Manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Ensure maintenance and reliability records are maintained associated with electrical distribution system integrity
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of medium and high voltage electrical distribution experience
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
- High Voltage distribution experience in an industrial facility
- Experience in RCFA or similar failure analysis methodology
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E arc flash requirements and all OSHA electrical compliance standards.
- Familiar with the principles of electrical planning, scheduling and coordination
- Project management skills
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical equipment such as motors, drives, generators, PLCs and other control equipment.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.