Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking applications for the position of Academic Counselor, Football. The position will report to the Associate Director for Student-Athlete Development and provide academic support and guidance to football student-athletes. This position is responsible for organizing and implementing academic support programs that contribute to the educational growth of student-athletes.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
• Possess thorough knowledge of institutional and NCAA eligibility requirements and inform coaches of student-athletes’ academic programs as related to those requirements.
• Advise student-athletes in identifying educational and career interests, selecting classes and determining academic majors.
• Represent the University on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, and strength of character and exhibit ethical behavior.
• Communicate with University advisors and athletic compliance office to maintain updated records of academic major requires, changes to degree programs and student-athletes’ progress towards degree and eligibility.
• Assist with test preparation, study skills and time management, as well as monitor study hall and tutorial sessions.
• Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional organizations.
• Respect the rights and dignity of individuals with sensitivity to problems that may arise from racial, ethnical and sexual orientation differences.
• Possess a proven success rate in academic development.
• Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Work Hours: Varies; must work extended hours including nights and weekends