Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
at LumaSense Technologies, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 3 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Clara, California
Mechanical Design Engineer with pneumatic, fluidic, optical and industrial design experience to contribute to the design, development and manufacture of LumaSense products. This person will work closely with other Engineering personnel and outside contractors, consultants, manufacturing, and supply chain to successfully create market-differentiated designs and products. A history of designing industrial instrumentation for semiconductor, utility and/or energy industry is preferred.
Reports to: Manager, Mechanical Design Engineering
- Develop market winning designs, rapid prototypes, design of experiments and own the design lifecycle from concept to commercialization
- Developed reliability test programs, accelerated life testing to insure the long term performance of the product
- Lead Mechanical, Pneumatic, Fluidic, and Optical Design for company products for utility and industrial markets
- Work with electrical engineers in the development pf PCB Assemblies that have strong mechanical interaction, specify keep-out areas, determine component interference.
- Provide cost, yield and cycle time improvements of production processes including machining and mechanical assembly
- Assist in sustaining engineering mechanical design and development activities
- Participate in Design Reviews and FMEA analysis to optimize the best design solution for products
- Work with team members to constantly update the current portfolio as well as design and engineer new systems to compliment the portfolio.
- Assist in installation and commissioning of products as needed.
- Thermal design & validation
- Expected to travel up to 10%
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience in working for entrepreneurial environments
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong skills in design of experiments, Finite element analysis, and FMEA
- Strong knowledge in material selection, including various metals and plastics.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly practices.
- Ability to formulate system designs, mechanical, plumbing, and machine drawings
- Capable to assembling or repairing optical, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing assemblies
- Produce detail Models, Drawings and Bills of Materials
- Working knowledge of UL, CSA, ATEX, NEMA, ANSI and IPC specifications
- Familiar with general machine shop practices
- Software – Solidworks and PDM
- Cable routing experience
- Experience in developing high reliability industrial systems
- Strong skills in designing and testing solutions for outdoor and hazardous areas (IP 67, IIA, IIB, IIC).
- Familiar with thermal design and validation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
LumaSense is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an environment which welcomes diverse people, opinions and ideas.
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.