RN, New Grad - Medical Oncology - Full-time, Nights at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Saddleback Memorial’s centers of excellence are renowned for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer, heart disease, stroke, pulmonary disease, orthopedics and diabetes; and for leadership in emergency medicine, critical care medicine, breast health, outpatient rehabilitation, advanced imaging, women’s health, geriatric care and surgery, including robotic-assisted procedures.
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center has consistently been named one of Healthgrades’ America’s 50 Best Hospitals, an achievement gained by just 1% of the nation’s hospitals. It has also been honored among Truven Health Analytics’ Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S., consecutively voted Orange County’s #1 Best Hospital in the Orange County Register’s Best of Orange County poll of readers and has appeared on both Becker’s Hospital Review and Thomson Reuters’ lists of America’s Best Hospitals. Saddleback Memorial’s U.S. News & World Report “high-performance” ranking categories included Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing patient care in a safe and effective manner. Additional responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/intervention, and teaching of patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, documentation and evaluation. Integration of patient care standards is incorporated into all clinical activities.
Position requires the full understanding thru active participation in fulfilling the Saddleback Memorial Medical Center (SMMC) Mission and ABC’s core values. Employee understands and supports the organizations Strategic Plan, Lean Initiatives for Continuous Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, and Patient Centered Care.
- Assesses health care needs. A data collection process that is systematic, includes psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, and other factors and is on going, determined by the patient’s immediate condition or needs, and involve the patient, family, significant others, and health care providers when appropriate. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and plan of care.
- Contributes to the written plan of care to meet the patient’s obvious nursing needs.
- Implements the plan of care to attain expected outcomes.
- Evaluates the patient’s outcomes. Evaluation is systematic and ongoing, is determined by the patient’s responses to the interventions which are documented in the medical record.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering patient care as a professional work responsibility.
- Identifies, develops and implements an action plan for self-development.
- Identifies obvious patient problems and reports them to the appropriate resource person.
Addresses the age specific needs of the population served (see checklist).
Hospital rotation experience required. Electronic medical record experience preferred.
Curent CA RN License
Current ACLS preferred