Nurse Practitioner - Peds Urgent Care WEEKENDS ONLY 10 am - 3 pm at Miami Children's Health System
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Primary responsibility in association with the attending MD, for the outpatient and inpatient management of an identified group of patients and participates in their clinical care as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Directs and develops new ways of management and treatment for such patients in collaboration with other team members. Supports and upholds the mission, vision, values, and guiding behaviors, patient bill of rights, and the Code of Business and Ethics Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Board certification in specialty area (Pediatric or Family).
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) required as per department.
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Current license as ARNP in Florida.
- Level II finger printing background required.
- ACLS, NALS or PALS required as per department
- Successful completion of Credentialing by MCH Medical Administration required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a resource person for patients, families, staff, or community groups, providing education and emotional support.
- As an active participant in the interdisciplinary team, the ARNP may develop, implement, evaluate, monitor, manage, and modify a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes. The plan of care is of sufficient breadth and depth to guide the interdisciplinary team in achieving the desired health outcomes for patients and families.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care across departments, promoting optimal patient outcomes.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others to improve patient outcomes and to promote growth of the nursing profession by facilitating a process of collaboration and communication.
- Ensures knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the developmental level of the patient.
- Generates, collects, and integrates data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical judgments and decisions about the initiation of appropriate orders, procedures, referrals, and treatments in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Accountable for maintaining current knowledge and skills in order to facilitate a high quality of clinical performance and to promote professional growth.
- Models professional verbal and written communication with the interdisciplinary team members involved in the ongoing management of patients to optimize patient outcomes.
- Participates in other necessary activities associated with patient care (e.g., writing daily progress notes, coordinating clinical care and discharge planning).
- Writes orders, monitors and alters drug therapies, and performs other necessary procedures consistent with ARNP education and experience within the framework of an established protocol entered into a collaborative relationship with an MD.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to problem solves to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions