Executive Communication Advisor- Office of Communications, Marketing & Public Affairs at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field and six (6) years writing experience with emphasis on speech writing, journalism, or executive communications. Experience as an executive communications strategist and writer at the C-suite level in higher education or for a large, complex organization.
Advanced degree preferred. Writing experience in health care or science preferred.
1. Responsible for researching, developing, and writing speeches, interviews, talking points, quotes, presentations, select correspondence, and/or other material on behalf of the executive leadership team.
2. Edits executive leadership team written communications for content resonance, speaker voice, and quality, requiring attention to detail and adherence to style guidelines, grammar, and punctuation.
3. Manages the process and provides strategic direction to the executive leadership team in writing materials for internal and external constituents.
4. Responsible for conveying voice and style in all content while creating authentic and relatable messages and projecting the institution's mission.
5. Develops original approaches, incorporating management philosophies, and composes material appropriate to a variety of internal and external audiences.
6. Ensures that relevant strategy, message development, and other core goals are accomplished in each piece.
7. Works with the Director of Public Affairs to identify and explore new avenues to effectively communicate the institutional message to the appropriate audiences.
8. Develops and sustains contacts with university leadership, faculty, staff, and other constituents.
9. Monitors the executive teams speaking calendar and monitors invitations to determine platform and issue relevance, and usefulness.
10. Attends speaking engagements with the President and other EVPs on a regular basis.
11. Responsible for writing editorials and other institutional publications related to Institutional Advancement office.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Executive Communications Advisor serves a key strategic and hands-on role in writing and communications for the UT Southwestern President and Executive Leadership team.
Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field and six (6) years writing experience with emphasis on speech writing, journalism, or executive communications. Experience as an executive communications strategist and writer at the C-suite level in higher education or for a large, complex organization. Advanced degree preferred. Writing experience in health care or science preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Work requires superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Work requires excellent researching, proofreading and editing skills, as well as the ability to respond positively to feedback.
- Work requires demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, assignments, and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Work requires the ability to respond quickly and productively to requests.
- Work requires adoptable in both style and content to various audiences, platforms, and issues.
- Work requires demonstrated ability to collaborate and interact with executives and community leaders.
- Work requires the ability to communicate information on a highly complex nature in a clear, precise, and compelling way.
- Work requires knowledge of grammar usage and editorial style guidelines.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression..