at United States Gypsum Company
Posted in Sales 5 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
The Account Representative is a field based position responsible for developing and enhancing USG’s current and
potential account relationships in the territory. Effectively manage a pooled sales territory covering Dallas/Ft. Worth and surrounding markets, providing sales and service support to an existing customer base comprised of gypsum specialty dealers and acoustical dealers. This position is headquartered in or near Dallas, TX.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
COMPETENCIES/SKILLS Performance: Vision/Strategic Capability• Anticipates future trends/needs• Analyzes the marketplace to develop a sound, long-term strategy to attain the vision and goals Drive for Results• Responds quickly to problems and opportunities• Confronts and addresses tough issues Performance: Business and Market Knowledge• Understands our industry, market, customers and our competitionProblem Solving and Decision Quality• Identifies key issues and responds proactively• Makes decisions in a timely manner, even in the face of ambiguity and adversity Interpersonal Effectiveness• Relates well to a variety of people• Effectively builds rapport• Listens well, probes others’ ideas actively• Treats others with respect, facilitates exchange of information and ideas• Resolves conflicts in a constructive manner Communicates with Impact• Articulate, speaks clearly and succinctly• Presents ideas well one-on-one and in groups• Has a confident style• Persuasive, engages with others to engender mutual understanding and cooperation Customer Focus• Doesn’t focus on internal processes to the exclusion of customer issues• Accurately anticipates customer needs and proactively meets/exceeds expectations and requirements of external and internal customers• Bottom-line driven: knows that the company makes money by selling the customer a good product*Position midpoint may be adjusted based on candidate's knowledge, skills, and experience.**Some relocation benefits will be provided.
- Serve as face to customer with primary role of calling on specialty distribution
- Prospect new business within current distribution and maintain relationship with all market distribution and key contractors / influencers
- Assist and navigate maintenance of business issues (competitive intelligence, complaint handling, product information, customer service issues, etc.)
- Request services from Division sales (contractor/specialty reps/ASR)
- Serve as a business advisor to customer
- Supports sales data within Salesforce.com
Sales experience, technical expertise (ceilings knowledge) and industry knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers and USG staff• Possess problem solving skills to determine cause of problems, evaluate implications and respond in an appropriate ad timely manner• Time management skills• Good presentation skills• Ambitious and self-motivated• Success-driven self-starter• Customer focused• Communicates well with others• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.