at Vistra Corporate Services Company
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
If you currently work for Vistra Energy, TXU, or Luminant please apply here and click on the Careers Worklet.
If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra Energy family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Searching appropriate company SharePoints, ShareDrives, electronic e-mail, and other company resources of electronic data as needed
- Assist in evaluation of e-Discovery companies re: needs
- Search PACER or State Court dockets to obtain copies of Court filings
- Maintain Legal electronic repository for multitude of lawsuits and environmental challenges with well-organized system of saved documents
- Save AGC e-mails to numerous litigation and environmental matters in share drive
- Assist outside attorney teams or forensic/IT staff re: collection activities
- Analysis of paper or electronic evidence (prepare Excel spreadsheets or other summaries) to support our defense of TXUE customer lawsuits
- Work with HR or other departments to prepare reports for legal team using raw data to assist outside counsel in responding to discovery requests, etc.
- Conduct Westlaw or other fact-finding database searches, as needed
- Maintain and administer EFH Benefits SharePoint (electronic library) for benefit of HR and Legal access to Benefit Plans, Trust Agreements, Amendments, etc.; maintain user access and library structure
- Collect information from legal team re: monthly time allocations for business units; prepare Excel summary report and submit to Accounting for month-end deadline
- Serve as Records Coordinator for Legal team; prepare various reports including Excel charts for Legal Team
- Maintain Company’s legal hold program, including drafting holds, issuing holds, monitoring and updating holds, coordinating with IT and AGC on holds
- Search e-mails on legal hold for members of regulatory compliance team, or HR; provide evidence, for fact-finding or discovery purposes
- As requested by AGC, assist in the production of litigation-related and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with case filings and drafting of lawsuits and discovery
- Prepare documents necessary for the formation, qualification, dissolution, merger and withdrawal of Vistra Energy Corp. subsidiaries
- Manage database that contains Vistra Energy Corp. and subsidiary information, including formation and dissolution dates, registered agent information, and director and officer information
- Assist with preparations for quarterly Vistra Energy Corp. board and committee meetings, including review of pre-read materials, compiling board books, and other tasks as required
- Manage UCC filings under existing leases and credit facilities, including tracking due dates of continuations and related filings and coordination with Treasury concerning document maintenance
- Maintain corporate records, including minute books, both in hard copy and on Corporate Secretary’s designated electronic repository Vistra Energy
- Research corporate history of current and past Corp. and subsidiaries
Vistra Corporate Services Company
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then you will have a good career here!
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.