Software Engineer -Machine Vision at Intelligrated Systems Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Due to exciting growth, Intelligrated has a position available for a Software Engineer with Robotics expertise located in St. Louis, MO. If you are interested in pursuing an exciting career that combines computer vision, robotics, software engineering, and automation, then the Software Engineer, R&D is the opportunity for you! Intelligrated offers a rewarding career path, comfortable work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
The Software Engineer, R&D will collaborate with the member of the robotics development team on the creation of vision and perception based robotics solutions. This is an opportunity for a motivated and creative software engineer to be a part of multiple exciting robotic based development projects that include integration of robotic motion, vision and simulation to be used in material handling systems.
- Develop robotics computer vision based perception systems for use in robotic software solutions for material handling systems
- Develop new functionalities as well as maintain the current code
- Developing software applications to work with the simulations to emulate actual production rates to prove system functionality
- Work concurrently with robotic design engineers, controls engineers and other software engineers as designs are being developed and finalized
- Performs unit testing of software and assists in the verification and validation process.
- Manages schedules, meet and adhere to development goals.
- Provides planning and status information to project manager.
- Follow rigorous design control methodology and write concise requirements specifications, architecture specifications, and design description, verification plans, and test cases.
- Utilizes best practices for coding and code management.
- 2-3 years of experience in software development in an system environment in C/C++ preferred. Will consider entry level candidates based on educational background
- Practical and/or theoretical knowledge of any of the control of multi degree of freedom robots, Kinematic and Dynamics of robotic manipulators, trajectory generation and path planning, or real-time operating systems.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of programming and design relating to computer vision algorithms and machine learning
- Strong understanding of PCL, OpenCV, ROS and related software
- Experience with QNX, Ubuntu, ROS environments desired
- Experience with multi-threaded and multi-process programming desired
- Experience with TCP/IP networking desired
- Experience developing test procedures and testing modules desired
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience in the robotics or material handling (logistics) industry a plus.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or related field.
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets
Intelligrated®, now part of Honeywell, is a leading North American-based, single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Intelligrated solutions give businesses a competitive edge and optimize operational performance through increased flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor, IntelliSort® sortation, Alvey® palletizers and robotics, and automated storage and retrieval systems – all managed by advanced machine controls and software. Intelligrated Software offers warehouse execution systems, a scalable suite of software that manages the entire fulfillment process, including equipment, labor and business intelligence, integrated with voice- and light-directed picking and putting technologies.
From concept to integration to lifecycle support services, Intelligrated delivers dependable, sustained distribution and fulfillment success, and maximum return on investment. Intelligrated backs every project with 24X7 multilingual technical support and access to lifecycle service through a network of national, regional and local service centers.