Trinity Security - Security Police Officer
at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 6 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Trinity Industries | SilkRoad Recruiting
Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity's businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity's vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Security is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of part-time Police Security Officer our Dallas, TX office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
In this role, the Police Security Officer will report to the Security Supervisor. As a member of the security team, the Security Officer will work independently and collaboratively to ensure public safety, perform security related tasks, conduct preliminary investigations, monitor an electronic security system, and write incident and activity reports. This is a part-time employment opportunity only open to active duty full-time police officers.
- Patrols assigned areas by foot
- Answers calls for assistance, including investigation of crimes, accidents, and injuries
- Conducts initial and follow-up investigations
- Enforces, controls, and directs traffic when appropriate
- Testifies in court or administrative hearings
- Administers first aid in emergency cases
- Investigates suspicious circumstances
- Takes custody of stolen, lost, or found property or evidence and forwards it to the appropriate authority
- Performs crowd control as needed
- Takes crime prevention measures and assists in controlling problems as they relate to the client
- Furnishes information and directions to the public
- Submits complete written reports and other documents as may be required
- Participates in required training courses and programs
- Performs other functions as directed by a supervisor
- Prepare clear and concise activity and incident reports
- Interpret, apply, and make decisions in accordance with applicable federal, State, and local policies, laws, and regulations
- Analyze emergency situations and adopt quick, reasonable and effective courses of action
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the clients and the general public
- Lift and move objects of moderate to heavy weight
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Participate in the high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Operate office equipment including computers, telephones, and certain software
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, peers, and the public
Trinity Industries | SilkRoad Recruiting
Why Join Trinity?
- Must be a licensed Texas Peace Officers (TCLEOSE) and in good standing
- Minimum of one year of experience as a uniformed, full-time peace officer
- Must be commissioned by an agency of the state of Texas or political sub-division authorized to employ peace officers
- Actively employed as full-time law enforcement officer
- Has police authority and jurisdiction within the city of Dallas
- Authorized by commissioning agency to engage in outside employment while armed and wearing the agency's uniform
- Must satisfy educational requirements necessary for Texas Peace Officer license
Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our premier team. Trinity offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity's standard company benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events. Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn!
Job Location Dallas, Texas, United States Position Type Part-Time
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.