Posted in Information Technology 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
The Storage Area Network Engineer will have primary enterprise storage and backup administration responsibilities for systems located at our main data centers located at Wausau, WI, Tipp City, OH and several smaller sites. Work closely with other members of the Enterprise Computing Team on new systems setup, performance management, routine maintenance, capacity planning, break/fix, backups and data center operations. Work with minimal supervision and be self directed in delivering quality support services that include; adhering to established standards, documentation, and follow-through on all assigned tasks. Should have strong analysis and problem solving skills and be an effective communicator to end-users and business stake holders. Must be available 24/7 for on-call for problem resolution.
1. Monitor storage capacity, performance, and maintenance of EMC VNX, XtremeIO, Dell storage, and smaller distributed storage arrays
2. Ensure daily system backups complete and run on schedule
3. Monitors daily operation of AIX, Solaris, Windows, and RHL based servers (e.g. space usage, backups)
4. Allocate new storage and incremental storage requests as required
5. Ensure backups and archive logs files are successfully copied to off site Disaster & Recovery facility using EMC Data Domain
6. Respond to all systems performance issues, restore requests, and hardware break/fix issues in a prompt and efficient manner
7. Recommend, install, and track software upgrades, patches, and firmware upgrades as needed for all storage and backup systems
8. Works closely with Enterprise Compute Team, system admins, application teams and business owners to provide assistance, support, and trouble shooting
9. Provides SOX-compliant evidence, audits, logs, etc. as well as responds to all assigned audit points
10. Track storage and backup historical data to ensure sufficient resources are allocated and forecast for future incremental needs
11. Installation/decommission of all associated computer servers, storage, and peripheral devices
12. Follow technical direction and operational processes from existing team members
1. Bachelor Degree in an IT related discipline and at least 3-5 Years of systems administration, EMC SAN storage, and backup experience
2. Extensive understanding of EMC Storage, fiber channel switch management, backup tape libraries, and peripheral devices
3. Must have experience with AIX 6.x, 7.x, Sun Solaris, NetBackup 6.x, 7.x,
4. Experience using EMC management tools such as ViPR SRM
5. Experience in disaster recovery processes
6. Create scripts used for snaps and backup
7. General knowledge of Intel based servers, IBM Power servers, as well as AIX 6.x 7.x, Microsoft Windows Server and WMware operating systems
8. General knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases
9. Working knowledge of TCP/IP (DNS and DHCP), Ethernet networks
10. Data center operations
11. Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, self motivated, and can work independent of direct supervision.
12. Excellent communications skills required to interact with both IT resources as well as general users.
1. Experience in a large Oracle ERP environment
2. Systems administration experience in AIX, Solaris, and RHL
3. Working in a manufacturing environment
4. Be a team player in a matrix and global environment.
5. The ability to give clear verbal and written information geared to specific audiences.
6. The ability to absorb information quickly and make decisions as to how to proceed with each issue based on its own merit.