Mortgage Loan Officer- Cape Cod
at Rockland Trust
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hyannis, Massachusetts
Mortgage Loan Officer- Cape Cod
Rockland Trust is currently seeking talented Mortgage Loan Officers who proactively identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships to serve as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Our Loan Officers are encouraged to participate in business related development opportunities, professional organizations, and community efforts to promote home ownership. Relationships are the cornerstone of generating new business and may consist of realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Skills & Experience:
- Meet customers within the office, at Branch locations and in locations at the convenience of the customer.
- Interview applicants and assess their lending needs.
- Explain how mortgage/loan products work and how the product will benefit the applicant's needs.
- Understand compliance issues including the timelines of mortgage loan processing.
- Communicate effectively with customers, realtors, loan origination department and loan processing department.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all internal and external customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in residential mortgage sales preferred.
- Three plus years of retail residential mortgage sales experience
- Documented residential mortgage loan volume in the past 12 months
- Established relationships with local referral networks including realtor associations and local housing agencies
- A thorough understanding of underwriting criteria and guidelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Working knowledge of standard loan products and underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and process
- Ability to quickly understand new information and its impact on current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong computer skills and experience utilizing laptop technology
- Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be willing to travel.
Rockland Trust will provide you with incomparable tools together with a well thought out and successful business plan designed to help you grow with the bank. These include:
- Open territories within our corporate footprint and potential bank branch assignments.
- State of the art origination, product search/pricing and database management software
- Proprietary paperless LOA System allows Sales, Secondary and Operations on one web based system, connected to the CRM database
- Point of Sale pricing authority granted to each Loan Originator.
- Field access to both DU and LP decision tools.
- Rockland Trust is dedicated to offering every program available and will continue to search and obtain any program that our Loan Officers need to succeed.
- Offer a number of FTHB programs including the MassHousing, FHA, and the MHP "One Program".
- Corporate Marketing and Public Relation Services to enhance all of your new business efforts including personalized custom email campaigns, direct mail, flyers, and a personal web page with automated Fannie Mae pre-approval capability.
- Seller/Servicer with GSE's-competitive pricing, products and programs.
Rockland Trust Mortgage is committed to meeting the needs of customers purchasing a home by offering a closing time that is quicker than industry average.
We understand that relationships are built on trust and the ability to deliver on promises to your referral sources and customers. We are committed to the success of our Loan Officers and programs that differentiate you from the competition. At Rockland Trust Company "Where Each Relationship Matters" we strive to make every customer interaction a best in class experience.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: A competitive commission plan, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, paid illness time, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an Award Winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Primary Location:
Hyannis Main Street Branch 442 Main Street Hyannis 02601Job:
RegularEmployee Status: Job Type:
Day JobJob Posting:
Jan 2, 2017, 6:42:50 PM
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.