Nurse Aide Evaluator- Bronx, NY at Prometric
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 400 organizations worldwide. On their behalf, we securely deliver an average of 9 million exams per year to people who are seeking to improve their lives. Whether by starting a new career, further developing their skills to improve on an existing one, adding to their qualifications for a promotion, taking school entrance exams or simply for professional development, people taking tests want a reliable, convenient and hassle-free experience. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
Our decades of expertise in test development and delivery help organizations create and deliver exam programs that accurately measure the skills, knowledge and abilities they need to measure. We are a reliable partner who works closely with our clients to help determine their business requirements, as well as identify the goals of their test programs. We provide the right blend of expertise, guidance, execution and customer service and can work to customize a unique solution that fits your specific needs.
Prometric is a company with an understanding of who we’re helping and why. It is our first and foremost ambition to provide a fair opportunity for every honest test taker to prove their merits, to help them accomplish lifelong goals for career and education advancement. It’s our calling, and we embrace it.
We work in close partnership with our clients, some of the world’s most recognized and regarded organizations and agencies in government, education, technology, finance, healthcare and business to deliver the right test, on the right day, at the right time and, always, to the right candidate.
We recruit and hire the best employees who have courage to question “the way it’s always been done” and who have the care, acumen and engagement to work collaboratively, across functions, to find new and better ways to be faster and more cost effective at our business. We invest in our talent, and that means providing our employees the facilities, technology and work/life balance to continually reach farther and earn our place as the performance leader in global testing and assessment. Our success earns financial returns, and we continue to build on our merits year-over-year.
Not many companies can say they impact the direction of people’s lives and put people on the path to achieving their dreams. We do, and we are invigorated by the opportunity.
Prometric, the recognized global leader in technology-enabled testing and assessment services, is seeking experienced Registered Nurses with experience in long-term care to administer the Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) Exam. This is an exciting opportunity for RN's who are seeking to leverage their skills outside of the hospital setting by evaluating candidates pursuing their CNA certification. Ideal candidates must have a flexible schedule and the availability to work 1-3 test events during the month for up to 8 hours at a time, please apply online to be considered. This role will also be responsible for ensuring the highest quality test experience for Prometric’s clients consistent with the Vision, Mission, Values, and Policy & Procedures.
Evaluation of Candidate Skills
- Proctoring a computerized knowledge-based examination, and
- Objective observation and scoring of candidates demonstrating clinical skills.
Test Event Delivery & Security
- Prepare for events by monitoring rosters & ensuring the site is correctly set up and cleaned up
- Control test area by maintaining a working knowledge of Prometric policies and practices
- Greet examinees and verify identification
- Monitor candidates as they complete their written exam and/or direct a proctor to administer the written exam, if applicable
- Manage testing environment to ensure candidate flow
- Observe and rate candidates as they complete their practical exam
- Resolve candidate issues or report them to the appropriate supervisor
- Protect security of all computer software in the Internet Based Testing environment
- Possess technical proficiency to reboot workstations, and reset passwords as necessary
- Ensure the delivery of a seamless candidate experience
- Report any occurrences which fall outside company guidelines to the appropriate supervisor
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with testing sites (either regional or in facility testing)
- Maintain online appointment schedule to ensure event coverage
- Ability to provide on-site leadership for candidates
- Foster professional and courteous relationships with Nurse Aide Evaluator Community peers
- Serve as a Prometric Brand Ambassador when interacting with candidates, site partners and potential clients during test administrations
- Coordinate candidate rosters with NCT team
This position will be responsible for administering up to 1-3 test days a month (an average of 6 hours/ test day) at various locations within a 25 mile radius of the employee’s zip code. Examinations are performed mainly Monday through Friday with some Saturday and occasional Sunday examinations.
- Registered Nurses with active and unrestricted license in the state of operation
- One (1) year of experience in long term care or experience caring for the chronically ill of any age
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Ability to travel within a 25 mile radius of your zip code
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills and solid familiarity with computer programs and applications(including but not limited to MS Office, Outlook, Explorer-web browsing)
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ideal candidate may possess staff development and/or training experience, preferred
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while administering the exam and evaluating candidates (up to as much as 8 hours per event)
- Access to personal computer equipment (i.e. personal computer/laptop, printer, etc.)
- Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (testing mannequin)
Must be proactive, flexible, amicable and able to solve problems independently. Prometric is an AA/EEO employer.