Helpdesk Support Specialist, IS at Edward Jones
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we've located our 12,000+ branch offices in the neighborhoods where our nearly 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with them. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience.
What IS Helpdesk does…
The Helpdesk provides technical support to the branch and home-office associates of Edward Jones in the United States and Canada.
What you'll do…
- Resolve technical issues related to the hardware and software infrastructure in a timely and quality manner.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve problems, escalate issues to other IS departments when appropriate, and dispatch service vendors as necessary.
- Log all activities in the Problem Management System.
- Complete a modular training program which includes classroom and online training on specific equipment and on-the-job training to reinforce learning.
- Complete advanced training as new hardware and software is introduced into the Edward Jones environment.
- NOTE: This is a part-time, work at home position averaging 30 hours per week
- Technical knowledge of desktop and mobile devices, printers, phones and basic networking required.
- A strong customer service background required.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required as staffing is based on business needs.
Required to provide evening, weekend, or holiday support when needed.
- Dedicated home office space and internet connection required.
- Able to work independently and utilize tools to stay connected to the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Willingness to participate in an extensive modular training program
- A bachelor's or associate's degree is preferred