Temporary Field Support Technician - Level 1 at CRP- Realogy Operations LLC
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Del Mar, California
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,650 offices with more than 268,000 independent sales associates conducting business in 111 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy’s company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy’s brands and also provides related residential real estate services. The Company also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, and Title Resource Group, a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
Provide knowledgeable PC software, hardware, and network connectivity troubleshooting. Diagnose and resolve these issues for corporate employees and sales associates. Installation, configuration and onsite support of PC software, hardware, and network devices located at (Metro Name) offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Windows operating systems.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots network cards and network connectivity software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots proprietary application software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots PC hardware and other approved peripherals.
- Assists Network Engineers in debugging network issues as required.
- Configures and troubleshoots network printing on client computers.
- Resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with every interaction.
- Keeps customer informed of issues and provides update in status in ticket tracking system.
- Performs special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Escalates issues as necessary to other groups within the IT organization.
- Image capturing for computer deployments.
- Offers help to accomplish tasks or objectives outside one’s area of primary responsibility.
- Brings problems to someone's attention that can help when unable to offer personal assistance.
- Treats customers (internal and external), colleagues, subordinates and superiors with respect.
- Graciously accepts help from others.
- Participates in developing team goals.
- Shows trust and respect for all members of the team.
- Communicates with customers (internal and external), peers, subordinates and superiors with a positive
and professional attitude.
- Communicates all the information necessary for someone to understand any given situation and confirms
understanding from the individual(s) being given the information.
- Offers to conduct research to obtain missing information when necessary or appropriate.
- Listens and observes attentively, allowing an exchange of information. Anticipates questions.
- Seeks to understand differing viewpoints or opposing views.
- Is candid and honest in expressing thoughts and ideas, while remaining sensitive to others.
- Writes clearly and concisely, with an appropriate awareness of the intended audience.
- Considers lead time when generating written and verbal communication.
- Proactive Problem Solving
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for problems, as an individual and as a part of the team.
- Gathers all the facts before acting on, or recommending a solution.
- Follows a consistent logical series of steps and documents, in writing, whenever deviating from known policies
- Obtains any required approvals for any deviations. Approvals are in writing or at least noted when
written authorization is not possible.
- Communicates with everyone affected by the problem through each step of the resolution.
- Actively participates in solutions.
- Anticipates changes that need to be made to the system.
- Takes initiative to recommend/implement preventative measures.
Error-free Work through Continuous Improvement and Attention to Detail
- Uses originality, imagination and inventiveness to generate new ideas, alternatives and solutions.
- Develops new or improved methods or systems, continually seeking improvement. Is open to change.
- Combines elements of existing methods and practices with new techniques.
- Uses techniques such as brainstorming to bring ideas and solutions into being.
- Understands the details sufficiently to know which steps of a process can be altered and which are
necessary for the overall good of the process.
- Uses sound logical judgment to choose an appropriate course of action.
- Takes decisive action and seeks assistance of others in decision-making, as appropriate.
- Has the flexibility to change direction when facts so warrant.
- Accepts both the positive and negative consequences of decisions.
- Evaluates risks, consequences and interests of those affected by decisions.
Follow Through and Commitment
- Considers the ramifications of any actions taken on other areas and/or people.
- Documents steps that were taken, reasons for decisions and obtained approval(s), etc.
- Ensures everyone affected by the problem is fully informed through each step of the resolution process.
- Continues follow-up as necessary until problem is resolved or project is over.
- Delivers on promises of service at agreed upon time.
- Confirms the customers 'expectations and desired results prior to the delivery of the service (in writing when
- Manages expectations throughout the process by keeping the customer informed regarding status and timing.
- Notifies customers and supervisor or manager as soon as a commitment may be missed.
- Manages their role and responsibilities with professionalism
- Goes above and beyond, takes the initiative to assist others without being asked
- Appropriately prioritizes multiple responsibilities and manages tight deadlines
- Anticipate change in technology, environments and system needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic understanding of networking and TCP protocol
- Ability to install &troubleshoot operating system software
- Ability to install hardware, peripherals and resolve hardware conflicts
- Ability to work independently
- Organized and dependable
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and possess a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure
- Good communication skills and team player attitude essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Time Management skills
- Good problem solving skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Windows (installation and troubleshoot)
- Microsoft Office (installation and troubleshoot)
- 2 years desktop and Internet access support experience
- 3+ years desktop support experience
- Experience with MAC OS and Apple i-products a plus
- MCSA and/or CNA, or 2 years’ experience as technical support person in a network environment.
- 4 Year degree
- Windows MCP or 2 years equivalent experience.
- Skilled in all Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with HTML, Flash, and other web technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint (1 Year).
- Experience with Commercial and proprietary company software.
- Basic network administration knowledge.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSA or MCSE, A+, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write technical correspondence, as well as explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other
employees of the organization.
- Ability to lift computers, printers, and monitors up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboards and mouse as well as others computer components.
- Ability to get to branch offices by individual’s own means of transportation and a valid driver’s license while carrying tools\equipment and spare parts.
- May be required to travel
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Realogy Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries are committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Realogy will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, log on to www.realogy.com.
Realogy Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability