Sr Director Supply Chain
at DRS Technologies
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 5 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Technologies, DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems (AIS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach
Title: AIS Sr Director Supply Chain
Ensures overall direction for Supply Chain (Strategic Supply Management and Procurement and may include adjacent functions such as planning, warehousing and logistics) is maintained while creating and implementing a vision for continual improvement of procurement processes at a detail level, as well as higher organizational levels, works with others to establish methodologies to resolve process issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall direction for Supply Chain (Strategic Supply Management and Procurement and may include adjacent functions such as planning, warehousing and logistics) is maintained while creating and implementing a vision for continual improvement of procurement processes at a detail level, as well as higher organizational levels, works with others to establish methodologies to resolve process issues
- Ensures processes comply with Government, Corporate and Company requirements
- Establish disciplined, aggressive proposal evaluation teams with a strong supplier selection process, technical evaluation and cost/price analysis
- Direct and manage the implementation, maintenance, support and continuous improvement of Supply Chain Management operational programs that will enhance profitability and service to customers
- Ensure products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost and schedule objectives in accordance with program and company requirements
- Provide people leadership focused upon personal and collective accountability while fostering an environment that enhances personal growth and career development through mentoring and training, performance management and challenging the organization to strive for higher performance levels
- Evaluate the internal performance for all aspects of supply chain and define budgetary impact
- Monitor sourcing strategy implementation, contract compliance and customer satisfaction programs
- Owns the process from proposal pricing until material ships
- Responsible for +$100M of supply chain spend across multiple business
- Establish formal supplier performance management process with scorecards and risk assessment tools
- Improve supply chain efficiencies by implementing systematic tools and business analytics
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- BS degree in supply chain management, business or engineering with a minimum of 15 years demonstrated experience in high technology, aerospace or defense or equivalent experience
- Expectation is to have an advanced degree or be actively pursuing an advanced degree in supply chain, business or operations management
- Expert knowledge of supply chain management tools and procedures
- Expert leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Significant experience throughout the product lifecycle from New Product Introduction through obsolescence to include: generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, strategic supplier selection, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program and/or commodity progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and DoD, ITAR, EAR, FAR, DFAR regulations
- Superior customer interface skills
- Expert problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, program reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Must have a successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense supply chain activities
- Experience implementing strategic sourcing strategy across multiple sites
- Must have excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Professional Certification highly preferred
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MCSS
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.