Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Shift Manager - Crowne Plaza New York?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue, and profit goals and objectives. Manage labor costs and expenses within budget.
• Assist in managing hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
• Monitor performance and recommend/initiate corrective and/or disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
• Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
• Manage all aspects of front desk operations for assigned shift. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
• Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
• Train appropriate staff on procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
This job is responsible for managing front desk operations for a p.m. and/or weekend shift at a large, fairly complex full-service hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services and may include a large number of Priority Club Accounts and VIP and key guests. Typically supervises a shift of front office employees.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus one or more years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
• Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.