Program Manager II - SS
at DRS Technologies
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Germantown, Maryland
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Technologies, DRS Signal Solutions (SS), Germantown, MD., provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS SS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Title: Program Manager II
Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close) Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities. This position will function at a low level of complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage Internal Research and Development projects
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- May manage other Program Managers
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical/RF/Electronics a plus)
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years experience manager projects (direct engineering product development experience a plus)
- Must have current Security Clearance
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub-contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
- Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Program Management preferred (e.g.. PMP or DAU level 3)
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
- Proficient in msproject/PWA/msOffice
- Knowledge of Project Enterprise a plus
- Project and proposal win success while responsible for multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated people skills for leading the execution of complex projects in a dynamic engineering & manufacturing environment
- Contract vehicle (e.g. CPFF, FFP, T&M) knowledge a plus
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #C4ISR
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.