Director I Program Management
at DRS Technologies
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Technologies, DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Director Program Management
Responsible for leading the line of business (LOB) and/or Company (CO) program management function. This includes full life cycle management (development, production, and sustainment) of the LOB and/or CO. Ensures proper methods are followed to track program cost, schedules and performance across LOB and/or CO. This position will function at a medium level of complexity and independence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the line of business (LOB) and/or Company (CO) program management function. This includes full life cycle management (development, production, and sustainment) of the LOB and/or CO.
- Ensures proper methods are followed to track program cost, schedules and performance across LOB and/or CO
- Track all program cost, schedules and performance against established program milestones; reporting the status to management stakeholders on a regular basis
- Develop and implement recovery plans for yellow and red programs (i.e. schedule, technical performance)
- Ensures program methodologies for the LOB and/or CO and the program management directives are followed
- Work closely with existing customers, and obtain feedback on the company’s performance
- Work closely with business development, marketing and sales to enhance the business portfolio
- May lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage internal research and development programs within LOB and/or CO
- Develop internal relationships with management stakeholders
- Manage Program Management development to include coaching, teaching, retaining, attracting, and mentoring
- Lead monthly program reviews for the Company or LOB
- Conducts program reviews that identify root-cause and corrective action as well as continuous improvement and financial performance
- Work closely with Business Development to provide future opportunities for existing customers and solutions for new customers
- Understand and implement lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand and develop methodologies that allow program managers to apply leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop processes for identifying, assessing, monitoring and mitigating risk throughout the program life cycle
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Engineering or business degree required. Masters degree preferred. Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Certification in Program Management preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
- Advanced knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Significant experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Must have a successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs such as a prime or sub- contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
- Must have excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MCSS
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.