Project Manager I at DRS Technologies
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport &Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Title: Project Manager I
This position meets customer and company needs by managing customer interactions, order flow, shipment and financials on all orders in assigned customer focus areas. Works closely with functional leads to ensure schedules are met and deliverables meet quality standards. Directly engages, facilitates and grows the customer relationship with all customers as assigned. Responsible for the daily execution of these and other specific tasks in support of the larger customer service and product support program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to all assigned customer requests for proposals on time and in accordance with internal procedures while supporting strategic and profit plan objectives; provide pricing, review and negotiate customer purchase terms and conditions as required.
- Manage customer orders and drive late orders; assist in removing obstacles and identifying gaps; track
- ECOs and NCs involving customer orders
- Project manager for all paid Repairs for Aftermarket
- Main gatekeeper to read, understand and flow down PO contractual requirements throughout the internal team.
- Prepare open order reports to customers and create SDRLs as required
- Assist accounting when requested by calling customer to discuss/resolve invoice disputes and manage outstanding invoices and provide updates
- Maintenance of records as required to support: internal and external audits, manage contract-related data, and generate reports as required.
- Technical research of customer request for quotes requests (RFQ) as needed; provide solutions and alternatives to customer based on research.
- Provides regular laison between the customer and the PCT internal team. Actively conveys updates, approaches, direction, and status; lead discussions with customer on critical issues as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years business experience
- US citizenship required.
- MRP/ERP knowledge, Oracle a plus
- Must possess initiative and self-direction to guide performance in accordance with business goals and objectives.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to successfully interact/influence at all levels of a matrix organization
- Ability to review contractual documents for sufficiency and risk
- Preferably has familiar with power control applications, control circuitry, theory of electrical component operation, and electrical terminology.
- Must be familiar with MS Office, and be able to quickly learn and use standard MRP business software as well as pricing software.
- A plus to have current understanding of military specifications, their meaning, and their impact on business decisions
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Natural curiosity and demonstration of “going the extra mile”; supporting team by taking additional work when/if needed, supporting the customer by ensuring extra effort when necessary
- Understands and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications of all actions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience including: an annual bonus, eligibility for a long-term incentive plan, and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits, and is prepared to offer a comprehensive relocation package.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS