Data Science with Healthcare experience at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
Data Scientist with Healthcare Experience
The Data Scientist will apply knowledge of advanced analytics, data mining, statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing techniques to create insights out of complex data in People Analytics. In addition, the Data Scientist must be able to access data from disparate systems, link, cleanse and integrate data, and create data sets to answer specific business questions and to conduct machine learning.
Cognizant has built a large and dedicated team of Data Scientists, which works with its clients globally, across all major industry verticals, and delivers world-class data science outcomes. We are looking for candidates who can be a part of this team and its growth.
The key roles of the Data Scientist are as follows:
• Work at a client site or in a home office with a team of 1-3 associates developing and applying data mining methodologies
• Member of onsite/near-site consulting team
• Coordination with external vendors and internal brand teams
• Prepare presentations and reports on findings
• Recommend next steps to ensure successful project completion and to help team penetrate client accounts
• Outlining and documenting methodological approaches
• Provide support in the development of solutions and preparation of RFP responses
• Keep up to date on latest trends, tools and advancements in the area of analytics and data
• Hands-on work using, Excel, PowerPoint etc. on a daily basis
i. Candidate has a BS/BSc (HON) in life sciences, biotechnology, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, operations engineering, pharmacy (drug development), epidemiology and or health sciences
ii. Candidate has earned an advanced degree which included original research, analysis and thesis submission. Degree may include: MSc, MS, MD, MBBS, PhD, D.Phil., Pharm.D. or other advanced degrees (look for medical doctors from foreign countries)
iii. Publication record desired
iv. Laboratory research experience preferred
v. 6 to 15 years’ experience in the following: research, manufacturing, regulatory, quality, marketing, sales
1. Pharmaceutical company
2. Biotechnology company
3. Biopharma incubator company or university collaboration
4. Medical device company
5. Pharmacy (corporate)
6. Dialysis, Blood, Plasma or Therapeutics
7. Financial company investing in the Life Sciences such as Venture Capital or Investment Bank
• 1 Requirements Understanding: Understand high level requirements.
• Plan and track work packages under purview.
• Understand and manage intercomponent dependencies within a work package and interwork package dependencies.
• Validate that the requirements given are ready and full to be taken up by the Technical Lead and the team.
• Identify gaps in requirements vs the envisaged high level scope and milestone (including NFRs, usability, user adoption and other implicit requirements).
• Act as the point of contact on the Project delivery, for Project related updates with the client and for regular communication of Project updates.
• Understand issues from the client perspective and provide appropriate solutions.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders (onsite Project team, horizontal teams, client team, Delivery Manager, Program Manager, etc) as required.
• Allocate work among team members.
• Resolve team conflict & support team building activities.
• Provide administrative support as and when required.
• Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team.
• Identify skill gaps and training needs of team members and provide necessary support to address the same.
• Provide inputs into the learning and career plans for team members.
• Nominate team for awards.
• Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members.
• Establish backup plan for critical roles (for contingency).
• Identify reusable assets.
• Review any best practices / innovations as circulated within the group.
• Identify Project level tools or other items to be built for the Project.
• Participate and network with Community of Practice to discuss/ resolve any business problems as faced during projects.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 50 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: USJobsCognizant.