Dist Sup II at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: MIRA LOMA, CaliforniaJob Description:
The Distribution Supervisor II supervises daily activities for an account, department, multiple departments, or stations of a warehouse operation and acts as a customer liaison within UPS Supply Chain Solutions (SCS). He/she supervises a group of exempt or non-management employees who oversee inbound flow, inventory control, and outbound flow activities for customer products. The Distribution Supervisor II manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area. This position oversees supervisors within the department.
Core responsibilities of this position involve supervising operational processes and productivity and directing and conducting inventory control activities. The Distribution Supervisor II collaborates with Industrial Engineering to develop new processes and set compliance standards. This position monitors process compliance, identifies operational inefficiencies, and develops process improvements. This person reviews client contracts to establish inventory control standards and practices, monitors inventory levels, performs periodic physical inventory audits, and researches discrepancies.
- Conduct performance tracking to monitor operational compliance
- Develop corrective action plans
- Create and manage account and system reports
- Promote customer satisfaction and act as a customer liaison
- Assist with new account implementation, customer activity tracking and problem resolution
- Manage workloads to ensure customer contract requirements and deadlines are met
- Participate in customer meetings
- Leverage customer knowledge to identify new business development opportunities
- Determine training needs
- Provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Applies legal, regulatory and safety compliance knowledge to reduce company risk
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
- Manages budgets and understands accounting processes, determines needed resources and allocates funds, monitors expenditures to budget targets and resolves discrepancies
- Manages and establishes working relationships with vendors (e.g., suppliers, consultants, contractors)
Degree in Business, Logistics/Distribution OR related field PREFERRED