Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
The Director of Ethics has overall responsibility for managing KeyCorp s ethics program. The Director is responsible for establishing and communicating Key s ethical values and principles through the Code of Ethics, developing appropriate training, managing the Ethics HelpLine, working with business and control functions to identify control enhancements, and reporting on significant matters to Key s internal and external stakeholders, including the Audit Committee of the Board and the Board of Directors, as warranted. The Ethics Office works with internal and external partners, providing oversight to internal investigations of employee-related issues. The Director of Ethics will Chair the Ethics Working Group and participate on the Sales Practices Working Group. The Sales Practices Working Group influences and advises on the design and implementation of bank processes regarding the handling of employee-related sales practices fraud and employee misconduct.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance risk requirements and processes related to ethics management comply with regulatory requirements and Key s Risk Management policies and program requirements. The qualified candidate must be able to work independently and use sound judgment taking into consideration risk tolerances of KeyCorp. The Director of Ethics will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Compliance Programs and Strategies.
The position includes providing highly specialized guidance and oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and operational risk issues related to ethics and misconduct, monitoring and measuring operational risk performance, and reviewing and challenging of strategy, control design, implementation, testing, and remediation. The Ethics Program Director must be able to effectively build and manage relationships with other stakeholders, which requires partnering while balancing the fiduciary oversight role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment, and leadership ability.
* Providing thought leadership in designing and implementing Key s ethics program, ensuring it is aligned with business objectives and meets the laws, regulations and expectations of Key s Board of Directors and regulatory agencies.
* Collaborating with senior stakeholders to set direction and standards to ensure effective execution of the ethics program.
* Collaboratively working with business and functional stakeholders to create consolidated reporting taxonomy and methodology to correctly identify and escalate the risks resulting from employee misconduct.
* Building, maintaining and continually enhancing an ethics program that includes training, investigative oversight and reporting.
* Developing reporting to and updating senior management and relevant stakeholders, such as regulators, on execution progress of the ethics program against defined timelines.
* Ability to navigate and negotiate through conflicting demands to maintain focus on priority objectives while ensuring key stakeholders' needs are met.
* Strong team leadership, communication, interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading through change and the ability to effectively communicate strategic vision to various stakeholder groups.
* Ability to thrive and execute in a complex environment.
* Developing and implementing the Ethics Office communications architecture, e.g.,: KeyNet communities, KeyNet announcements, messages from leadership team, etc.
* Lead a team of compliance risk professionals who work directly with the lines of business (LOBs) to identify risks, develop assessments, provide input over controls and testing, advise on and monitor remediation activities and create reporting.
* Responsible for advising, monitoring, overseeing, and exercising review and challenge of the Bank s ethics program and setting strategic direction and implementing related compliance policy.
* Provide direction and deliver training to line of business personnel, Risk Management staff and others.
* Monitor and assess new or amended legal and regulatory requirements. Accountable for ensuring that the Ethics Program is in compliance with current applicable rules, regulations and laws and industry practices.
* Responsible for staffing and developing processes to fully implement the objectives and responsibilities of the Ethics Office.
* Provide strong leadership, mentoring, and guidance to subordinates, peers and other members of the team as well as other members of Risk Management.
* Responsible for proactively anticipating and responding to changes in regulations, rules and/or laws; assessing the impact of any change and assisting stakeholders in responding to such changes.
* Respond to internal and external audits, exams and requests for information. Direct the evaluation of audit and examination findings and implementation of corrective action and needed responses.
* Direct the response to ongoing regulatory and legal inquiries and investigations.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients, staff, peers, and LOB senior management.
* Maintain relationships with industry peers and regulatory bodies.
* Identifies, responds and/or escalates risks as appropriate;
* Directs the development and recommends for approval policies, standards, procedures and guideline to comply with corporate risk appetites, tolerances and policies.
* Conducts review and challenge activities and escalation.
* An undergraduate degree is required, advanced degree/s desired, J.D. would be a plus
* Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant industry and professional experience
* 5+ years of management experience
* Extensive knowledge of the assigned compliance area along with the associated operations including the related rules and regulations of the financial services industry to include: OCC, FRB, State Law and other pertinent regulations.
* Experience working with Federal banking regulators.
* In-depth practical knowledge of internal controls, risk assessments and compliance and compliance processes, and applicable techniques for implementation of regulatory, compliance and legal requirements and compliance processes.
* Strong leadership and relationship management skills including the ability to lead up and across the organization
* Has high ethical standards
* Ability to effectively communicate to lines of businesses and senior management, both in writing and verbally
* Proven to be a proactive thinker
* Proven ability to have, maintain, and establish strong contacts within the industry so as to be aware of current industry issues and practices
* Proven ability to drive results through people
* Strong project management and/or continuous improvement skills
About the Business
Key Enterprise Risk Management provides leadership on risk management strategies and initiatives for credit, market, compliance and operational risk, as well as portfolio management, quantitative analytics and asset recovery activities.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.