Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: MIRA LOMA, California
The Distribution Supervisor I supervises many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a Supply Chain Solutions warehouse operation. He/she ensures that performance goals are met, maintains inventory accuracy, adheres to quality standards, and effectively manages staff. This position supervises employees who oversee inbound flow, inventory control, and outbound flow activities. The Distribution Supervisor I manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area.
Core responsibilities of this position involve monitoring operational processes and productivity and performing inventory control activities. The Distribution Supervisor I monitors process compliance and develops process improvements. This position evaluates operational capacity to determine downtime, layout optimization and throughput and identifies operational inefficiencies. This person conducts training on inventory cycle counting and reconciliation, monitors inventory levels, performs periodic physical inventory audits, and researches discrepancies.
* Conduct performance tracking to monitor operational compliance
* Complete corrective action plans
* Generate account and system reports
* Manage workloads to ensure customer contract requirements and deadlines are met
* Track customer activity
* Participate in customer meetings
* Leverage customer knowledge to identify new business development opportunities
* Determine training needs
* Provide feedback and support
* Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
* Applies legal, regulatory and safety compliance knowledge to reduce company risk
* Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
* Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
* Manages budgets and understands accounting processes, determines needed resources and allocates funds, monitors expenditures to budget targets and resolves discrepancies
* Manages and establishes working relationships with vendors (e.g., suppliers, consultants, contractors)
Degree in Business, Logistics/Distribution OR related field PREFERRED
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity