Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01515-17808
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions. POSITION SUMMARY:
To evaluate patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing and oral motor disorders, cognition, and dysphagia.
Population Served: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: cardiac/cardiovascular, neurology, pulmonary, oncology, spine care, GI conditions, CVA/TIA, developmental delays, Dysphagia, etc.
* Performs Assessments and Re-assessments: Assessment of patient is completed according to unit policy and professional standards of care. Collects appropriate and accurate subjective and objective data. Performs an accurate evaluation appropriate to the specific patient case scenario---according to current standards of clinical practice. Formulates appropriate assessment/re-assessments, treatment, plan of care, and goals, which are individualized to the specific patient. Re-assesses patient per dept policy; takes appropriate action based on re-assessment. Potential discharge needs are identified and documented.
* Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate speech therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
* Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that treatment was rendered. Documents on all appropriate forms. Documentation is accurate and meets generally accepted professional standards.
* Supervision: Appropriately directs the activities of technicians, students and volunteers.
* Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, and recommendations.
* Demonstrates Customer Service/Service plus principles and behaviors consistent with Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital Health Care System vision and values.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Certificate of Clinical Competency by the American Speech Language Hearing Association
* Licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology
MS/MA in Speech Pathology
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of and experience with the evaluation of patients with speech, language or dysphagia disorders especially with a geriatric emphasis.
* Knowledge of speech therapy principles and practices; oral and pharyngeal.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the muscular and nervous systems and general anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of disease and post surgery conditions which inhibit speech, language and swallowing functions.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Successful completion of transfer training.
* Ability to deal with handicapped persons and to motivate them to comply with a therapy program required for recovery.
* Ability to visualize the anatomical structure of the brain, oral, pharyngeal and respiratory system and to take appropriate remedial action.
* Ability to form conclusions reflecting patient's progress based on sensory, judgmental, measurable and verifiable criteria, indicated by their reaction to therapy activities.
* Skill in the operation of different modalities within the department.
* Bilingual in English/Spanish
Last Edited: 08/14/2017