Logistics Manager II at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
The Distribution Center Manager role serves many customers and stakeholders and is accountable for the leadership of the facility and operations and to serve as the liaison between his / her facility and the TE business units and TEIS to provide an exceptional customer experience. The candidate will drive business process improvement and standardization within the facility that is aligned across the Americas organization, i.e. packaging, license tags, complaint process, quality process, etc. and drive productivity improvements and process efficiencies for the organization.
The candidate will ensure that the TE Operation Advantage Program (TEOA) is deployed and understood by all distribution center associates and used to manage all aspects of the distribution center to drive productivity and process improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ensures the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing the physical facility, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
* Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
* Lead TEOA efforts within the facility and act as liaison with business unit customers, stakeholders, and TE senior leaders.
* Direct the activity of the distribution center operations team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development.
* Apply sound communication and motivation techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates. Monitor an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, bonuses and terminations.
* Ensure the necessary warehouse information systems are used to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse. Provide direction to the local IT team and corporate systems to enable productivity, quality and cost improvements through improved systems. Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
* Assist in the establishment of customer satisfaction standards and communicate these standards to all personnel. Assure that customer accounts receive the required level of operations and administrative support. Maintain appropriate contact with customers and respond to requests when required.
* Develop and recommend annual operating budget. Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operations performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
* Procure equipment and facilities required to assure efficient operation and meet company profit goals. Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, emergency action, housekeeping and safety. Keep informed of relevant new technology and make recommendations as applicable.
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or Engineering
* Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
* Ability to work independently on multiple projects/work streams at one time; must be able to formulate analyses and reports to support business needs and deliver results based upon project deadlines
* Demonstrated personal leadership of cross-functional teams, demonstrating organizational and management skills, and achieving quality results through team interaction and effective cross-group collaboration
* Strong problem solving capabilities and the ability to analyze data and use critical thinking to reach logical conclusions and decisions; results oriented; relies on fact-based logic for decision-making
* Ability to influence senior management through well formulated presentations and discussions
* A detailed understanding of business processes and the ability to institute/influence change management as needed
* Strong communication skills and the ability to build cohesive teams to meet demand is required with the ability to lead, direct, change, and manage
* Ability to communicate ideas, vision, and inspire internal and external colleagues to deliver and execute solutions to meet goals
* Strong business acumen, oral, analytical, and written communication skills
* Exceptional analytical skills and proven computer skills in Microsoft suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Experience with lean manufacturing/six sigma tools is preferred