Sales Account Executive
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Columbus, Mississippi
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving his/her assigned sales plan by generating profitable UPS Small Package revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within his/her territory. This position analyzes customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
The Account Executive conducts face-to-face customer sales calls. He/She travels to customer sites to hold meetings and gather information. This position analyzes customer billing technology and proposes technology solutions. The Account Executive builds relationships with key stakeholders, and generates revenue opportunities across all product and service lines. He/She prepares pre-sale action plans and customized presentations, and performs pre-call research and analysis. This position ensures smooth implementation and account setup, training customers on UPS technology solutions, billing analysis tools, and packaging techniques. The Account Executive also responds to internal and external customer concerns or problems, determines corrective actions, and/or assigns response personnel.
- Maintains and grows a book of business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight).
- Introduces new products and services and expands business opportunities within customer accounts.
- Tracks sales performance to objectives.
- Monitors account statistics and qualifies internal sales leads to identify opportunities and create an effective sales strategy.
- Utilizes resources and account history to prepare for sales calls.
- Submits pricing requests and analyzes price quotes.
- Develops standard operating procedures (SOPs), generates standard and customized reports and queries, accesses appropriate databases, and interprets and clarifies data.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers’ organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a basic understanding of competitor’s tactics, product/service offerings, and strategies; translates competitor performance and actions into implications for UPS.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Works with others to research stakeholders' and key decision-makers' needs, requirements, and perspectives; describes in general terms customer characteristics, preferences, history, processes and constraints; lists what products and services are currently used by customers; uses knowledge of customers to provide input into which products or features to promote.
- Creates Account Strategies: Understands customer’s general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers’ business and objectives.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain.
- Experience with Business to Business or Business to Consumer sales - Preferred
- Flexible travel schedule - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft products or equivalent software – Preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.