at Save the Children
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Position Title: Teacher Assistant,
Position Structure: Head Start - Teacher
Employee Type: Full-time Regular
Supervisor Title: Center Director
Division: United States Programs
Child Safety: Level 3 - Frequent Contact
The Teacher Assistant reports to the Center Director or the Education Specialist. The assistant teacher shares responsibility for management of Head Start classroom. S/he will work collaboratively with the teacher, family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
As a front line representative of Save the Children the Classroom Assistant is required to ensure the safety and security of children and families that he/she comes in contact with adhering to the agency's values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
Teacher Assistant must have good time management and organizational skills and the ability to multitask. Must be able to apply clear practices and procedures in day to day job performance. Works closely with immediate supervisor to ensure proper execution of duties. Builds effective relationships within their workgroup, the programs children and families. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Assist classroom staff in all classroom activities and outdoor activities.
- Assist in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Participates in supervising mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and social skills.
- Oversees the classroom and its contents keeping it clean and orderly.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as needed while present.
- Works with assigned children with disabilities
- Supports the work of the classroom staff and managers, specialists and/or mental health consultant in carrying out individual plans for children with special needs; follows IEP/IFSP with direction from professional staff.
- The Teacher Assistant may be reassigned to various classrooms, centers, or bus routes as deemed necessary for program operations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Background and Experience, Skills and Behaviors
- Minimum of Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for CDA credential, or enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate of baccalaureate degree or enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within 2 years of the hire date.
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day minimally as needed.
- Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Must have the physical, emotional and mental ability to assist the Bus Driver with a vehicle full of children in a safe and pleasant manner when riding the bus (if applicable).
Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including child abuse registry check required by state regulatios) and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment. To drive agency vehicles (if applicable), must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Save the Children Head Start insurance carrier and have a motor vehicle record acceptable to Save the children Head Start. Current and former Head Start/Early Head Start parents will recieve preference for employment vacancies for which they are qualified.
Save the Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. As a humanitarian agency, Save the Children is obliged to create and maintain an environment that aims to prevent the sexual exploitation and abuse of children and promote the implementation of its child safeguarding policy. All representatives of Save the Children - employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, Board members and others who work with children on Save the Children's behalf - are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.