Patient Services Rep Sr, FT, Days, Internal Medicine in Enid Okla, INTEGRIS Medical Group at Integris
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Enid, Oklahoma
Patient Services Rep Sr
Job Code: 8519
Patient Services Rep Senior, Full Time, Days, Dr. Shearer, Internal Medicine clinic in Enid Oklahoma
To learn more about this clinic and location use the link below
The Patient Services Representative Senior acts as a mentor to new entry-level Patient Services Representatives and is responsible for ensuring the integrity of clinc data and patient information, answering telephones, taking concise messages, scanning and indexing information into the medical record, handling requests for medical records and basic scheduling. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Patient Services Representative Senior responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Enters daily charges accurately, including time of service payments
* Balances end of day business transactions accurately
* Makes appointments for visits and, if an emergency, informs a clinical employee or provider
* Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits
* Accurately enters patient demographics into the practice management system
* Completes out-going referrals
* Assists in training new employees
* Responsible for receiving and/or dispatching incoming phone calls
* Contacts third party payers for benefit and pre-certification information and enters information into the billing system
* Collects checks and cash for co-pays and deductibles; collects deposits and/or makes financial arrangements with guarantor
* Performs financial counseling to patient/family as it pertains to ambulatory care billing processes and procedures
* Works directly with the clinical staff to ensure proper patient placement
* Performs check in and out duties accurately and timely
* Takes messages when answering the telephone, correctly spelling names and identifying patient by two patient identifiers according to National Patient Safety Goals
* Takes clear and concise messages from pharmacies, physicians and hospital personnel; directs the message to the Clinical employee and/or Provider
* Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette
* Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner
The Patient Services Representative Senior reports to the Office Manager/Supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Must be able to handle a high volume of telephone calls (potentially hundreds per day), and high volume of patient interaction (potentially hundreds per day), i.e., scheduling appointments, discussing billing problems, setting up payment arrangements, collecting past due payments. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a high stress environment. May be required to drive.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3 years experience in a health care setting to include both interpersonal & telephone customer services
* Experience in the following areas: responsibility for cashier procedures and/or basic accounting, clinic check in/out procedures, basic health insurance, HMO, PPO, and basic medical terminology, general knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
IMG Float Pool: This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
IMG Clinics: For clinic staff assigned duties of entering orders in the electronic medical records, certification must be obtained within 60 days of hire