Member Debt Solutions Manager at USAA
Posted in Collections 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Manager Member Debt Solutions positions for our San Antonio campus.
The Manager, Member Debt Solutions, manages a team responsible for protecting the financial interests of USAA to support Default Services, Repossession, Collections Support, Credit Bureau Dispute, or other collection efforts for all levels of delinquency. Motivates staff toward the attainment of departmental goals and develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. In addition, the Manager ensures compliance with all prescribed internal policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops employees and provides coaching and feedback to facilitate professional development and career progression. Manages employee performance, assesses training requirements, evaluates individual training needs, and promotes the development of effective team relationships.
- Oversees and monitors day-to-day operations within Member Debt Solutions and represents the department on initiatives and projects.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness. Designs and implements operating procedures that provide improved member service and enhanced internal efficiencies.
- May serve as project sponsor or business manager in special projects or initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in regulations, and the industry that may impact operations. May respond to regulatory inquiries and/or internal inquiries as necessary
- Five years of collections experience within the Financial Services industry required, to include two years of management or leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree required (or four years of equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience utilizing the Center for Business Solutions (CBS) call model and Management Operating System (MOS).
- Able to work a flexible schedule M-Th with alternating Friday and Saturday shifts.
- Able to work up until 9 PM CST.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/7/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants - When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.